|Deck Type:||Meta Decks|
|Deck Master:||Borreload Savage Dragon|
|Submission Date:||October 31st 2018|
|YGOPRODeck File Download|
The goal of this deck is to utilize the recursive nature of Destiny Hero Malicious, Jet Synchron, and Glow-Up Bulb and the spammability of the said cards and other cards like Mecha Phantom Beast O-Lion and Danger! engine. These cards allow the deck, with their various levels and monster generating ability, to synchro summon powerful monsters from levels 5 - 10 easily. To start you, the read, off with playing the deck - I'm going to highlight the combo that allows you to essentially start your synchro plays. In addition to me giving an intro to this deck, I'd like to note that when going 2nd - Borrelsword & the black luster soldier link allow this deck to OTK with ease but with that potential gained - the synchro spammability of this deck is also hampered by the fact that we're in a link era that requires significant investment to get multiple arrows.
Introductory Combo (Starter Combo): you just need 1 way to get to needlefiber, whether that be Armageddon Knight - which is a 1 card starter - or rescue cat. It is important to note, however, that Armageddon Knight is better off used to send Destiny Hero Malicious as Mali allows you to Synchro Summon into two level 8s/7s with ease.
Cards in hand: Rescue Cat + Destiny Hero Malicious
- Normal Rescue Cat, and activate its effect --> using gallis and valeriafawn to make Needlefiber
- SS Needlefiber, bringing out jet synchron
- SS Summon Sorc using Jet Synchron and needlefiber
- Activate Jet Synchron, pitching malicious --> Jet Synchron goes to one of Summon Sorc's zones
- Target Jet Synchron and SS Mecha Phantom Beast-O lion into your other zone (Summon Sorc)
- SS Borreload Savage Dragon, using O-lion + Malicious --> leaves you with Summon Sorc, one zone has borreload savage dragon and you have jet synchron in the other
- CL 1: Generate O-Lion token in an open (non-Link) zone, CL 2: Borreload target needlefiber --> add 2 counters, ATK raised to 3750
- At this point you can recur Mali to make a level 7 [clear wing or dawn dragster mainly] (and if you have another tuner produced - level 1 - you can go into something like Clear Wing or Scarlight), or you can recur mali to go into a Link 3 with Summon Sorc + Jet + Mali, or you can use the o-lion token + mali + jet synchron to go into a level 10 Synchro (in the event that you're playing something like Ascension Sky Dragon - which would become a 3200 beatstick or Leo, the Keeper of the Sacred Tree).
The way in which danger helps this combo: they allow you to make better link plays and help with regards to Synchro Summoning on the lower end and higher end of the spectrum (below 7 and above 8).
Spicy Tech Choices: Leo, the Keeper of the Sacred Tree, Galaxy Tomahawk (Rank 7), Number 38 (Rank 8), Dracossack (Rank 7), Zephyros the Elite, Blackwing Steam the Cloak
I started playing Yu-Gi-Oh in 2007 and left after about 6 years of casual play. I came back towards the end of 2015 (around when nekroz was being played), and continued for about a year or two as a pretty casual player (maining cards like Hammon, rarely going for a SS, carelessly wasting advantage - the whole 9 yards). In 2016-2017, however, I decided to pick up a competitive deck online (zoodiacs) and I failed horribly. My experience with zoo led me to a whole variety of decks including Draco, D/D/D and several pendulum based strategies, and since then I've made it my mission to understand the meta as well as to learn how to play it/play against it. Now I play on Dueling Nexus with an occasional appearance on Dueling Book, so if you'd like to duel or chat - shoot me a message on discord (Cryselle#5766).
- My favorite deck: D/D/D (Non-Pend Variant, MR3)
- What I'm currently playing: This format is boring, so literally anything