Summer 2017 Anime Character Tournament
Table of Contents
Welcome to the Summer 2017 Anime Character Tournament! The premise of this tournament to give players a chance to play with decks themed around their favorite characters from all five shows as a last hurrah before the new Master Rule.
- The tournament sign-ups will be held from June 26th to July 2nd and the Tournament will begin on July 3.
- Rounds will be Swiss with a cut to top 4 or top 8 depending on attendance at the end.
- Each round will last 48 hours with no extensions.
- If neither player can agree on a time to play their match, but both can demonstrate best effort to do so, both players will be awarded a draw.
- If only one player demonstrates effort to coordinate the match time, that player will receive the match win.
- If neither player demonstrates any effort to play the match, both players will be awarded a match loss.
- If a player receives two such match losses, they will be dropped from the tournament.
- If any player does not believe they can continue in the tournament, please notify a tournament organizer and we will drop you.
- All round start and end times as well as other tournament information will be posted both on this page as well as in the tournament channel on the ygoprodeck Discord Server.
- All matches should be played using YGOPRO Percy unless both players mutually agree to use a different platform.
- After each match is completed, both players need to submit replays of each game.
- If Duelingbook is used, screenshots of the result of each game must presented.
- Every player who makes the top cut will receive a deck profile article on the site along with their placing. The top 3 players will also receive a Steam code for Legacy of the Duelist.
This tournament will be played with special rules for deck construction.
- To enforce its nature as an anime character tournament, all players entered must select one of the 35 listed characters as their character of choice.
- Players must then construct a 45 card deck (no more and no less) consisting of the following requirements:
- At least 30 cards (only 25 are needed for characters from Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters) used by that character in the anime (15 of which must be unique cards with different names)
- Up to 15 (or 20 for characters from Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters) cards that are legal by the June 12th TCG Forbidden and Limited List and the Special Forbidden List for this tournament
- Any number of Extra Deck monsters used by the chosen character in the anime.
- Up to 5 Extra Deck monsters that are legal by the June 12th TCG Forbidden and Limited List and the Special Forbidden List for this tournament
- Any number of Extra Deck monsters used by the character in the anime.
- Only cards used in a TV anime are allowed to be counted towards the anime card count.
- Cards used in video games and scripted duels are not allowed to count towards the 30 card total.
- If a character used a card in the anime at a quantity greater than what is legal by the current TCG Forbidden and Limited List, a number of copies of that card is allowed to be played up to the amount used on-screen (multiple copies require a x2 or x3 next to the card’s listing).
- For example, Yugi used Pot of Greed which is Forbidden as of the current TCG Forbidden and Limited List. Since he used one in the anime, 1 copy of Pot of Greed is allowed to be used as a part of the 25 anime cards.
- Only cards that exist physically in the TCG card pool are allowed. This means that no anime exclusive cards are permitted.
Once a player has completed their deck and submitted, that decklist is not allowed to be changed for the duration of the tournament.
- All rounds will be played as a best of 3 match with no siding (this means that no side deck is allowed).
- At the end of each round, both players are encouraged to submit their replays.
- If there is a dispute, deference will be given to players who submitted replays.
- If any player is found to be in violation of any of these rules or regulations, they will be disqualified immediately.
The legal pool of cards in this tournament includes all cards released in the TCG before Pendulum Evolution, but not including Pendulum Evolution. In addition to this, players will be allowed to play cards from the OCG booster sets Duelist Pack: Legend Duelist, Collector’s Pack 2017, as well as the following cards:
Anime-exclusive cards are not legal for this tournament, the card must exist in the above listed pool of cards.
In addition to the restrictions on deck building listed above, this tournament will abide by a Special Forbidden and Limited List. The status of all cards on the Special Forbidden and Limited List are final and no card on it can be run at more than the listed amount, no exceptions.
UPDATE: Herald of Perfection has been removed from the list.
Gameciel the Sea Turtle Kaiju
Kumongous the Sticky String Kaiju
Ghost Reaper and Winter Cherries
Master Peace, the True Dracoslaying King
Makyura the Destructor
Blue-Eyes Chaos MAX
Chaos Ancient Gear Giant
Masked HERO Dark Law
Cyber Dragon Infinity
Number S0: Utopic ZEXAL
Raidraptor Final Fortress Falcon
Raidraptor Ultimate Falcon
Performapal Pendulum Sorcerer
All “Zoodiac” cards
Ash Blossom and Joyous Spring
Ghost Ogre and Snow Rabbit
Card of Demise
Interrupted Kaiju Slumber
Pot of Desires
D/D Swirl Slime
Performapal Skullcrobat Joker
Windwitch Ice Bell
Cyber Angel Vrash
Raidraptor Force Strix
Allure of Darkness
Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon
Character Wiki Links
Yugi Muto – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yugi_Muto%27s_Decks
Seto Kaiba – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Seto_Kaiba’s_Decks
Briefcases not allowed.
Joey Wheeler/Katsuya Jonouchi – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Joey_Wheeler’s_Decks
Yu-Gi-Oh! R not allowed
Mai Valentine/Mai Kujaku – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Mai_Valentine’s_Decks
Maximillion Pegasus/Pegasus Crawford – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Maximillion_Pegasus%27_Decks
Marik Ishtar – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yami_Marik’s_Decks
Ryou Bakura – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yami_Bakura’s_Decks
Jaden Yuki/Judai Yuki – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Jaden_Yuki’s_Decks
Chazz Princeton/Jun Manjoume – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Chazz_Princeton’s_Decks
Alexis Rhodes/Asuka Tenjouin – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Asuka#Deck
Aster Phoenix/Ed Phoenix – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Aster_Phoenix#Decks
Zane Truesdale/Ryou Marufuji – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Zane#Decks
Jesse Anderson/Johan Andersen – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Jesse_Anderson#Decks
Vellian Crowler/Chronos de Medici – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Vellian_Crowler#Deck
Syrus Truesdale/Shou Marufuji – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Sho#Decks
Yubel – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yubel’s_Decks
Bastion Misawa/Daichi Misawa – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Bastion#Decks
Yusei Fudo – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yusei_Fudo’s_Decks
Jack Atlas – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Jack#Decks
Crow Hogan – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Crow#Decks
Akiza Izinski/Akiza Izayoi – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Aki#Decks
Kalin Kessler/Kyousuke Kiryu – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Kalin#Decks
Leo/Lua – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Leo#Decks
Bruno – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Bruno#Deck
Yuma Tsukumo – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yuma_Tsukumo’s_Decks
Shark – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Reginald_Kastle%27s_Decks
Kite Tenjo/Kaito Tenjo – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Kaito#Deck
III/Trey – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/III#Deck
Vetrix/Tron – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Vetrix#Deck
Alito – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Alito#Deck
IV/Quattro – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Quattro#Decks
Yuya Sakaki – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yuya_Sakaki#Deck
Declan Akaba/Reiji Akaba – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Reiji#Deck
Gong Strong/Noboru Gongenzaka – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gong_Strong#Deck
Sora Perse/Sora Shiunin – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/SORA#Deck
Shay Obsidian/Shun Kurosaki – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Shun#Deck
Yuri – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yuri#Decks
Sylvio Sawatari/Shingo Sawatari – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Sylvio_Sawatari#Decks
Yugo – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yugo#Deck
Zuzu Boyle/Yuzu Hiragi – http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yuzu#Deck
Sign-up Form/Tournament Updates
Please use the sign-up form found here: https://goo.gl/forms/DO9s27z3sZdSKVuJ2
Sign-Ups will last from 6/27/2017 until 11:59pm UTC-0:00 7/4/2017.
To submit your decklist, please upload it through the normal deck uploader here https://ygoprodeck.com/send-us-a-deck/ with your site username under name, the category as Anime and the Deck Strategy listed as Anime Tournament 2017 as well as the character name of the deck you’re playing. Decks that don’t include this information will not be considered.
Once the submission deadline has passed, new submissions will not be considered and decklists cannot be modified.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can ask in the Discord server’s tournament channel or comment on this page.