|Deck Type:||Meta Decks|
|Deck Master:||Trickstar Candina|
|Submission Date:||March 25th 2019|
|YGOPRODeck File Download|
The goal of this deck is to emphasize the sky striker engine in a time where integrating the striker engine has become quite hard to mesh with as drones is at 1 and Trickstar relies heavily on its normal summon of Candina. The way that this deck handles the issue of drones at 1 is that it offers the player a choice; you can either use your normal summon on raye (should you fail to get to drones) or you can use your normal summon on Candina (should you get Candina). Despite this limiting the player to 1 or the other, as far as engines go, it does allow the player manning the deck to play both engines as the duel progresses. Generally speaking, it would be smarter to set up a sky striker field of widow anchors with some disruption for the next turn - but it's up to each player to choose the engine.
- To improve the Trickstar engine, one could play Carobein at 1 - 2, cut Raye to 0, and move widow to 2.
- Afterburners and Jamming Wave are interchangeable; I've put Jamming Wave over Afterburner because it destroys without targeting.
- The destrudo engine could be played (destrudo + mare mare) to add removal following the transition from sky striker to Trickstar
- The side deck can include gameciel, and it can change the hand trap ratio
- This deck is pretty reliant on knowing your matchup; and with that being said, cherries can be the win condition of this deck in many matchups.
Plays of Note:
- Candina Normal Summon: Search Lycorris or Reincarnation, or Lilybell later in the game
- Add Lilybell: Special Summon Lilybell, attack --> Add Lycorris, Lycorris tag out Lilybell <-- this generates much needed offense
- Normal Candina + Reincarnation in GY: Candina searches Lilybell, Lilybell add Lycorris, make Link 2, activate Reincarnation from GY --> make Link 3 [double knightmare]
Other cards that should be considered:
- Gozen Match
- Rivalry of Warlords
- Gamma & Driver
- Ghost Belle
- Ghost Ogre
I started playing Yu-Gi-Oh in 2007 and left after about 6 years of casual play. I came back towards the end of 2015 (around when nekroz was being played), and continued for about a year or two as a pretty casual player (maining cards like Hammon, rarely going for a SS, carelessly wasting advantage - the whole 9 yards). In 2016-2017, however, I decided to pick up a competitive deck online (zoodiacs) and I failed horribly. My experience with zoo led me to a whole variety of decks including Draco, D/D/D and several pendulum based strategies, and since then I've made it my mission to understand the meta as well as to learn how to play it/play against it. Now I play on Dueling Nexus with an occasional appearance on Dueling Book, so if you'd like to duel or chat - shoot me a message on discord (Cryselle#5766).
- My favorite deck: D/D/D (Non-Pend Variant, MR3)
- What I'm currently playing: This format is boring, so literally anything