|Deck Type:||Non-Meta Decks|
|Deck Master:||Erebus the Underworld Monarch|
|Submission Date:||July 29th 2018|
|YGOPRODeck File Download|
The primary goal is to get Vanity's Fiend on the field, and combo it with March of the Monarchs and/or The Monarchs Erupt and/or Majesty's Fiend, to cause lockdown. The secondary goal is to strike an OTK using two big Monarchs and one Fiend (-2800x2 -2400 = -8000).
Idealy, you want to go first to avoid negations/disruptions, and shut down Special Summoning early in the game. If unable to summon Vanity's Fiend, get Domain of the True Monarchs on the field instead.
If going second, try to be offensive with Erebus the Underworld Monarch, Ehther the Heavenly Monarch / Kuraz the Light Monarch and Caius the Mega Monarch, so you can clear the opponent's field. Search and utilize The Monarchs Stormforth.
GAME 2 AND 3
If expecting to go 2nd, side in any triplet of the following:
- Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju, if you are mostly having trouble with their boss monsters, or any other monster that has negation/shutdown effects. Swap 3x Gameciel with 2x Allure of Darkness and Foolish Burial.
- Twin Twisters, if you are mostly having trouble with their S/Ts. Swap 3x Twin Twisters with 2x Allure of Darkness and Foolish Burial.
- Jinzo, if you are facing a stun deck. Swap Jinzo with Vanity's Fiend. Can combo with Twin Twisters.
- Majesty's Fiend, if you are having trouble with activated monster effects (i.e. against True Draco decks). Swap Majesty's Fiend with Kuraz the Light Monarch.
If expecting to go 1st, just side all 3x copies of Majesty's Fiend in your deck, and aim for the lockdown.
- Use Kaiser Vorse Raider as: (a) tribute fodder, (b) Allure of Darkness target, (c) tribute summoned monster to trigger Return of the Monarchs.
- Be cautious when summoning Edea the Heavenly Squire and Eidos the Underworld Squire, as they are vulnerable to hand traps (Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring, Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit, Infinite Impermanence etc.). Better hold on to your Tenacity of the Monarchs before summoning them, as if they get negated/destroyed and you can't tribute summon, you may want to search Escalation of the Monarchs to finish the job in your opponent's turn.
- It would be the best to activate The Monarchs Erupt only after you've settled your board and need no more tribute summons, as it will interfere with Edea and Eidos' effects. Chain it during the Battle Phase, to take advantage of stripping your opponent's monsters off their inherent ATK boosts.
- If not urgent to use it, activate One Day of Peace after your Battle Phase, so you can deal damage to your opponent during your turn, as well as protect your LP in their following turn.
- If you have no DARK monsters in your hand, but your hand is unplayable and you need to draw, activate Allure of Darkness only after you've set your Spell and Trap cards, so that you won't have to discard them in case you don't draw any DARK monsters with it.
- Yes, 1x copy of The Prime Monarch is more than enough to act as both tribute fodder and OTK shield. Hands brick a lot less, since chances of opening with it are quite smaller!