|Deck Type:||Non-Meta Decks|
|Deck Master:||Blackwing - Auster the South Wind|
|Submission Date:||August 11th 2020|
|YGOPRODeck File Download|
So, this is my take on a pure Blackwing Synchro deck.
Main plays here obviously revolve around the use of Auster the South Wind and Simoon the Poison Wind.
- Simoon is your main combo starter, if he and any other Blackwing are in your hand, you can banish another Blackwing to grab a Black Whirlwind from your deck, which will allow you to search Auster (or any other Blackwing you want to grab from deck to extend your combo). This not only provides you an easy search, since Simoon's 1600 attack points will allow you to search just about every other Blackwing in the deck besides Bora the Spear and Kris the Crack of Dawn, but you will be able to normal summon whatever you searched because Simoon's effect does not take up your turn's normal summon.
- Auster can not only bring back any one of your level 4 or lower Blackwings, but has a secondary effect that works in tandem with Blackwing Armor Master, Blackwing Full Armor Master, or even Black-Winged Dragon, for the cost of banishing it from the GY. Bear in mind that Auster cannot be special summoned at all (It shares this trait with Blackwing Blizzard the Far North). Auster also works well with the 3 copies of Allure of Darkness since it will summon your Blackwing banished by that effect.
There is no Go-To combo for this deck, as it's meant to be more versatile than a standard combo deck, which is why there's a large variety in the Synchros here.
Small tips and tricks other than the Simoon/Auster plays:
- Foolish Burial is meant for Vayu the Emblem of Honor or Zephyros the Elite. Vayu is used to Synchro summon from the GY (usually with Bora, Kris, or Zephyros to create Blackwing Gram the Shining Star or Assault Blackwing Sohaya the Rainstorm, which, if you have a lvl 7 such as Chidori the Rain Sprinkling or Raikiri the Rain Shower on the field already, that's an easy setup to Accel Synchro Summon Onimaru the Divine Thunder).
- If you put Zephyros in the GY, it's best to use his effect on a face up Black Whirlwind, or Gale the Whirlwind/Bora the Spear in order to resurrect him, since both Gale and Bora have no limit on their special summons.
- Using any two main deck monsters to summon Raidraptor Wise Strix, use its effect to pull out Zephyros the Elite from your deck for easier combo extension, as opposed to Bora or Kris.
- Blackwing Breeze the Zephyr, upon being searched by Black Whirlwind, can immediately special summon itself.
- Called by the Grave is meant for Ash Blossoms or Ghost Ogres that try to stop your Black Whirlwind.
- Blizzard + Harmattan can create a lvl 6 (Nothung the Starlight) which then extends your combos since he gives you an additional normal summon.
- Twin Twisters/MST is simple and effective Spell/Trap control. In the case of Twin Twisters it's mostly good to discard Zephyros or Vayu for their GY effects.
Here's hoping we get some new Blackwing cards in the near future :> They have a lot of potential!