|Deck Type:||Non-Meta Decks|
|Deck Master:||Traptrix Sera|
|Submission Date:||November 17th 2019|
|YGOPRODeck File Download|
Hey guys, this is my first deck profile on this site. Don't expect anything from me. I made this just for fun :D
Why Traptrix ?
For the first time I heard about that Deck was on "DevPro". There was one guy who summoned "Traptrix Myrmeleo". My thoughts at that moment: "Nice Artwork and a really nice effect. Why not build a Traptrix Deck ?
And at that day I read all the cards and tried to build a deck.
2 years ago I played "Naturia Sacred Tree". It special summoned an insect from the deck by tributing a plant. And it works also reverse (tribute plant, special insect)
But now we have Traptrix Sera (she made this deck so srong!)
+ Great 1st turn boards
+ Summon Traptrix Sera and profit!
+ "Trap Trick" searches every trap you need (but activate wisely!)
+ If your normal summon gets negated, that's no problem! (because of Sera)
+ 1 Traprtrix monster + Shade Brigandine = Easy 2 card combo
+ Sera is unaffected by trap effects (if link summoned). That makes her really strong!
+ Traptrix Rafflesia protects your Traptrix monsters! (targeting, destruction)
- Weak against strong board decks
- If you can't summon Sera, you will have a hard time!
- You can easily make wrong choices (miss timing, don't pay attention to your opponents cards, activate "holes" too early)
- Weak against Denk Sekka (rip traps)
- If you don't see a Traptrix monster in your opening hand, you don't get card advantage
Why am I playing "these" cards ?
- Artifact Moralltach ... Moralltach can be summoned by Artifact Sanctum (obviously). The good thing about that card is: It protects your Sera against battle (special in battle phase to destroy your opponents monster)
- 3x Traptrix Atrax ... Atrax is underrated. She can out "Red Reboot" and that's awesome!! Reboot says, if the trap was negated, then... . If Atrax is on the field, normal trap cards activation and effects can not be negated. And you can also activate "holes" from your hand. Thats pretty neat! Traptrix Mantis can bounce your set "hole" and Atrax can activate it immediately!
- Compulsory Escape Device ... It says that each player have to choose 1 monster they control ("choose" is not target!!). If you choose Sera, nothing happens to her and the opponents monster is shuffled into the deck (it's really strong against many monsters nowadays). Sera is unaffected by ALL trap effects. That means you can trigger Sera's special summon effect whenever you can.
- Galatea, the Orcust Automaton + Thunder Dragon Colossus ... Cherry targets (obviously). You have space in your extra deck.
- Raidraptor - Ultimate Falcon ... Waking the Dragon ?
- Treacherous Trap Hole ... Many Traptrix players don't play this hole but I LOVE this card. You can search that card 1st turn with Myrmeleo and link summon to Sera. If your opponent has 2 monsters on the field, thats great! Destroy these monsters and trigger Seras effect. But what if your opponent just has 1 monster on the field ? Just target it and Sera (she triggers and stays on the field), then you can special "Dionaea" from the deck and she sets the hole to your side (I don't recommend doing this, unless you are 100% sure that your opponent ends his turn)
- If you have Sera on the field and a trap card that can be activated, then you have a MST that turn. You can activate Lost Wind, the regular Compulsory and target Sera. Her effect activate to special a Traptrix monster from the deck (Myrmeleo). She can destroy a spell/trap on your opponents side. (Sera's other effect triggers to set a hole from deck). That tip is usefull especially against field spells or pendulum scales.
- Always use Traptrix Mantis' effect in the end phase on your opponents turn if you have Sera on the field. You can target a "dead" trap card and DO NOT set that card because in your turn you can give the hole, that was set from Sera, to your hand and then you can set these 2 cards in any order you like. Your opponent DID NOT know where these traps are.
Mantis can also "reset" the holes that was set from Dionaea last turn (it prevents from banishing)
2 card combo
- Normal summon a Traptrix (best is Myrmeleo)
- Link summon to Sera
- Set Shade Brigandine then activate it immediately
- Sera special Mantis (you always special her because you can easily set a trap and activate her bounce effect to trigger Sera. If you have 0 traps in hand, just special summon Myrmeleo and trigger Myrmeleos effect. IT WORKS)
- Trigger Seras other effect to set a hole from deck -> XYZ to Rafflesia
- Set all your traps and thats it!
- vs. Sky Striker ´... You can easily play against "There Can Be Only One". Normal summon Dionaea (plant), special Mymeleo (insect) to destroy that card
- vs. Thunder Dragon ... Side "Time-Space Trap Hole" to return them to the extra deck. And try to let him no thunder monsters on the field!
- vs. True Draco ... Easy match-up. Just destroy the field spell and they can't do much. Sera and Rafflesia were unaffected by their continious traps and Rafflesia also force him to target her. Play 3 Bottomless and win.
- vs. Cyber Dragon ... Don't let him contact fuse with Sera. If you follow this rule you win. (xD)
- vs. Dino ... You have a hard time against this deck. Miscellaneousaurus ist just too strong. Your holes are pretty much dead. Hope that you have a mirror force set :D
Really fun deck (my favorite)
It's easy to learn, but hard to master in my opinion.
For these guys that read this until now: Congrats!! xD
Thank you for reading my Traptrix deck guide :D
If you have questions or tips, let me know!