|Deck Type:||Trinity Format Decks|
|Deck Master:||Pacifis, the Phantasm City|
|Submission Date:||March 23rd 2021|
|YGOPRODeck File Download|
|Trinity Format Decks|
Paleo Pacifis is a HARD CONTROL deck that I think has potential to keep up with the Trinity format metagame. The synergies between Paleozoic and Pacifis allow this deck to keep up in advantage and beat down on your opponent after disrupting their plays
- It's different, no deck is preparing to play against this one
- Forces your opponent to change their gameplan to hope to deal with it.
- About as dense on draw power as you can get, running many strong draw cards in 40
- Surprising burst kill options with Gren Maju and Phantasm Spiral Grip
- The deck is over 50% traps, you can end up with no engine, and having to use what you opened to force a topdeck war.
- It can be outpaced by most strong engines, if you don't snuff plays, you end up behind.
- Almost completely reactive, if your opponent opts to do nothing your only pressure is attacking with relatively small monsters.
Points - 4:
- Pot of Extravagance - 1/2 Point
- Pot of Prosperity - 1/2 Point
- Card of Demise - 1/2 Point
- Sea Stealth Attack - 1/2 Point
A Note on Chains:
Piloting this deck properly requires a good grasp of chaining and priority. Whenever you activate a trap, your opponent always has the opportunity to respond before you continue to build your chain. What this means is that if you are trying to summon out your Paleozoic monsters, you need to be aware that your opponent can block this from happening by responding to your trap with a Monster Effect or Quick-Play Spell, since Paleozoics need to chain directly to the activation of a Trap Card. Somewhat related is the inclusion of Accumulated Fortune in this Deck, which can be triggered easily if your opponent starts the chain (e.g. Cl1 Opponent's card, Cl2 Your trap card, Cl3 Your opponent can respond but if they don't this is a Paleo, Cl4 Accumulated Fortune regardless of your opponent's response.) Another thing of note with accumulated fortune is that in can be used in chain with your own Pot of Extravagance, circumventing Extravagance's restriction and drawing 4 cards.
A Note on Pacifis:
Pacifis the Phantasm Spiral City is a card with some wacky rulings, I can't cover everything, but here are some things to keep in mind.
- Pacifis' effects always activate on a new chain, in contrast to the Paleozoics.
- Pacifis' effect to search is mandatory, and applies it's Summoning restriction whenever it activates, even if you have no search targets.
- Pacifis cannot "see" anything activated before it on a chain, this is relevant in the case of Metaverse.