|Deck Master:||The Legendary Fisherman III|
|Latest Revision Date:||21st April 2017|
|YGOPRO Deck File Download|
|View this deck in the Deck Builder|
The Toad Fisherman Structure
Newly updated Legendary Fisherman III deck to include the new 2017 support cards.
This deck revolves around Rank 4 XYZ summons first and foremost, mainly Bahamut Shark which will then lead into a free Toadally Awesome summon. Toadally Awesome will then be used to lock the opponent out of the duel while you slowly beat them down.
The main win strategy is to get Bahamut Shark/Toadally Awesome on the field with this deck (even multiple copies) but the main issue resides in the strength of the cards. The highest ATK in the deck is 2600 which can be an issue. The ideal situation is to prevent your opponent from getting high ATK monsters on the field in the first place. To overcome this shotcoming, I’ve tech’d in the Utopia cards to overcome powerful monsters such as Blue-Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon.
One helpful XYZ is Number 37: Hope Woven Dragon Spider Shark which can lower the ATK of all your opponents monsters by 1000 which can get you out of a sticky situation.
And remember, if you have a choice of 3 level 4 monsters to XYZ, make sure to not use the “Aqua” type monster as it can then be used for Toadally Awesome’s effect (otherwise you have to use Toadally Awesome itself to resolve the effect).
The new support enhances the core strength of the deck. Legendary Fisherman II is a massive power-creep of the original Legendary Fisherman card. Mixed with a Legendary Ocean, it is a free normal summon that has 2400 ATK and is immune to other monster effects, not too shabby.
Rage of Kairyu-Shin in particular is a nice addition, allowing you further destruction once you have your powerful WATER based monsters on the field, being a quick-play card is a huge bonus.
Possible card additions (while retaining the general Water/Fisherman theme):
- Water Hazard for easy XYZ summons.
- Eisbahn is a nuisance of a card and can potentially save you in some situations.
- Tornado Wall is a card that is not really used anymore but still has a decent effect.
- Deep Diver which is the absolute best search card for Legendary Fisherman III.
- Deep Sea Diva into Legendary Atlantean Tridon into an easy Poseidra, the Atlantean Dragon.
- Mother Grizzly to retain a monster for XYZ summons. Not recommended as it’s too slow.
- Aquarium Stage/Aquarium Set. I used to run both of these cards in all of my WATER based decks but I find that my opponent always has easy ways around them.
- Abyss Soldier is an extremely useful card and could very well have had a place in this deck.
- Codarus is a good combo card with a Legendary Ocean into XYZ Rank 4 plays. A good card to potentially include.
|Legendary Ocean + Legendary Fisherman/LF II + Legendary Fisherman III||Instant Legendary Fisherman III.|
|Tin Goldfish/Silent Angler + Lvl 4 Monsters||XYZ into Bahamut Shark which then leads into Toadally Awesome.|
|Bahamut Shark Detach Priority||If possible, always detach these XYZ material cards as priority from Bahamut Shark (from highest priority to lowest): Double Fin Shark (to activate it’s effect if you have another in hand for the next turn), Tin GoldFish (Salvage), Silent Angler (Salvage).|
|Instant Fusions plays||The most obvious being Elder Entity Norden for easy Rank 4 plays but it can also be used to special summon (preferably Rare Fish) a quick tribute for Legendary Fisherman/LFII into Legendary Fisherman III if you don’t have a Legendary Ocean available.|
|Monsters||The Legendary Fisherman III x3
The Legendary Fisherman II x3
The Legendary Fisherman x1
Stronghold Whale x1
Warrior of Atlantis x3
Aqua Spirit x2
Double Fin Shark x3
Tin Goldfish x3
Silent Angler x3
|Spells||Instant Fusion x2
Moray of Greed x3
Twin Twisters x2
Rage of Kairyu-Shin x2
A Legendary Ocean x2
|Traps||Sea Stealth Attack x2
Solemn Strike x1
Solemn Warning x1
|Extra||Elder Entity Norden x1
Rare Fish x1
Number S39: Utopia the Lightning x1
Bahamut Shark x3
Number 37: Hope Woven Dragon Spider Shark x1
Number 39: Utopia x1
Number 103: Ragnazero x1
Number 101: Silent Honor ARK x1
Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer x1
Abyss Dweller x1
Toadally Awesome x3
- Token Rampage Deck
- Legendary Fisherman Deck
Latest posts by YGOPRODeck (see all)
- Odd-Eyes Wing (via Paladino De Nirvana) V0.1 - August 23, 2017
- Shadoll Skull Servants (via Shaddoll Skull Servants) V0.1 - August 22, 2017
- Thousand Eyes (via Roboshmeckle) V0.1 - August 21, 2017