|Deck Type:||Tutorial Decks|
|Deck Master:||Number 99: Utopia Dragner|
|Submission Date:||October 25th 2021|
|YGOPRODeck File Download|
This hunder deck has a more focused strategy than the other decks. It consists in bring floodgates with ties of the brethren or xyz summon with pa/ma, however this time i decided to focus into only 3 floodgates (other than spell/trap floodgates), thunder king, denko sekka and zap mustung and alongside with contract with don thousand and anti-spell fragrance, can stop searching, special summoning, spells, traps (that need to be set) and possibly normal summon/set as well. As for the hunder engine part, i decided to focus the search and recycle into pa/ma only, thats why i used thunder sea horse and recycling bateries. Use ties of the brethren into any thunder monster (except zap mustung) to bring possibly 2 floodgates from deck (except denko sekka). Use pa/ma to xyz summon your stuff, utopia dragner combo is a good start. Use wonder xyz to do the utopia dragner durng your opponent turn if you used thunder sea horse (since utopia double and dragners effects are both quick effects). Jar of avarice can recycle any 5 cards in your gy and lets you draw a card. Other than that its just impermanence and draw power.
The start combos are the following:
Oppening hand 1: pa/ma/denko and ties of the brethren (thunder king and zap mustung need to be on your deck):
- Normal Summon pa/ma/denko;
- Activate ties of the brethren, then target pa/ma/denko on your field, select thunder king and zap mustung and special summon them from your deck.
- End board: pa/ma/denko, thunder king and zap mustung, so neither player can search (and you can negate an ineherent special summon with thunder king like synchro,xyz or link summons), neither player can special summon ontheir turn until they succefully attack and if you have denko neither player can set spell/trap cards or actvate spell/trap cards that are set on the field.
- Side note: if you have anti-spell fragrance and contract with don thousand, neither player can activate spells cards during this turn or at all if you have denko sekka - just make sure to set anti-spell fragrance before normal summoning denko sekka, then activate it as soon as your opponent draw a card - and possibly locking down your opponent from normal summon/set if they draw a spell during the time you activate contract wwith don thousand or after that.
Oppening hand 2: pa/ma and another thunder monster as long its name isnt the same of the first one or if its zap mustung (you must have at least a copy of double or nothing on your deck):
- Normal summon pa/ma;
- activates pa/ma effect to normal summon your other thunder monster from your hand;
- Overlay both monsters into utopia double (recomend putting it in defense position);
- Activate utopia double effect, detach a material, add double or nothing from your deck to your hand and overlay utopia double into utopia dragner;
- Activate utopia dragner effect, detach 2 materials from it and special summon a monster from your extra deck according to your actual situation. If youre going first, you probably want to special summon hope harbinger, if going secong you probably want to summon utopia beyond or utopia to overlay into utopia prime then into utopia the lightning.
- End board: utopia dragner with 6000 atk and either hope harbinger, to negate a spell card activation, or utopia beyond/utopia the lightning (utopia beyond is to turn all your opponent monsters atk into 0 and utopia the lightning is to attack over possibly problematic monsters without interruptions during the battle phase).
These are just basic combos and can be improoved according to the other cards you have in your hand, so for example, you can have a variation of combo 2 with pa, ma, denko and ties of the brethren, so you normal pa/ma, then use its effect to summon pa if you summoned ma or vice versa, then use that second monsters effect to normal summon denko sekka, overlay ma and pa into the entirely combo 2 and last just activate ties of the brethren by targeting denko to special thunder king and another pa/ma (unfortunatelly you wont be able to special summon zap mustung because zap mustung need to be/be among your first special summon, like in combo 1). Another thing worthy mentioning is that you dont need to overlay 2 thunder monsters into exacly what i showed in combo 2, you can just overlay them into another generic xyz monster according to your need in the duel, so for example, if you go against a deck that have a lot of powerful monster or activate many monsters effects, you can just overlay your 2 thunder monsters into bagooska (or summon bagooska with dragner since its a number xyz monster), or if you opponent have a lot of continuous spell/traps, you can overlay both into tornado dragon, or if your opponent have a undestructble monste, you can overlay both into castel or starliege palladynamo, etc. Note that you dont need to play exacly this build, this deck is just a sample on how you can use the hunders nowadays, so you can use another handtrap instead of impermanence for example, or you can focus only into the thunder family instead of putting floodgates, or even play other floodgates in it, or some other cool cards like the other members of the family (bro and sis), normal summon, super poly and some extra decks tragets if you want to, etc. Ill let some of the options i thought on the side deck.