|Deck Type:||Non-Meta Decks|
|Deck Master:||Simorgh, Bird of Sovereignty|
|Submission Date:||March 28th 2021|
|YGOPRODeck File Download|
~~Same as before but with some updates since I've tested it IRL now.~~
Deck only really has struggled so far against Eldlich, & Mystic Mine shut-down. Hence the new side-deck. Deck is very consistent.
Does best going first but does fine going 2nd if you lose the dice roll. LOTS of flexibility in play style.
End Boards with best to worst scenarios (worst still pretty good stall):
- Option A: End on Simorgh + Mist Valley + Doom or Rugal & Feather Storm set face-down.
- Option B: Simorgh + Mist Valley, Hysteric Sign face-down as bait to be popped to search Feather Storm + Channeler & Harpist
- (rarely) Option C: End with Shuraig, Revolt, Warning Point, or other backrow as bait
- (worst case) Option D: 1 face-up Wind Wing-Beast (Harpie, Nervall, or Barrier) + 1 Feather Storm to stall for next turn.
- Monsters: Harpist, Kit, Nervall
- Spell: Hysteric Sign, Stand-off, Rendezvous
- Trap: Feather Storm
- Simorgh cards are great for Spell/Trap interaction. Bird of Beginning adds one to hand. Dark Simorgh stops backrow setting.
- Droll & Nibiru if going 2nd.
- Anti spell/trap cards to break Mystic & disrupt Eldlich
Reason for certain cards:
- Underworld: outs most big annoying things ie. Dragoon
- Zerofyne: Dark ruler in a card +ATK boost & still deal damage same-turn
- Doom Eagle: Tri-brigade friendly, clears out opponent graveyard sources, + OTK enabler
- Almiraj: Brick help - sends to grave Nervall, Kit, and (at worst) Bird of Beginning
- WHY? Warning Point instead of Imperm: Going against a deck like Dragon-Link where even if you have a great board they can break it 2nd turn and still go-off. Slows down their summoning & attacks. You can side Imperms if you know you're going 2nd though. Up to you.
- Like brigade better? Run less harpies but still keep some essentials: Perfumer, egotist, Harpie Lady (any variant), Harpist, Conductor, & (of course) Feather Storm.
- Want more Simorgh? Swap out harpies for some birbs.
- Want more beasts? Sub-in Rescue cat, Kalantosa, & Valerifawn.
- Finally, you can always also swap another Simorgh for the second Shuraig. I'm still trying both and neither is necessarily 'better'.
Shuraig is beneficial when destroyed though, Simorgh is not.
If you love Harpies but hate their death by hand-trap & brick-city weaknesses, Harpie + Brigade is for you. You can easily search & run 3-of the best Trap (imo) of all time: Feather Storm. AND, you can use destruction & banishing from opponents as an advantage!