Nouvelles Custom Support: "Jambifron de Nouvelles"

OP ChupiTrooper • 6 months ago - (edited 6 months ago)

Jambifron de Nouvelles

Level 6 DARK Warrior

ATK 2000/DEF 1850

You can Ritual Summon this card with a "Recipe" card. This card's name becomes "Hungry Burger" while in the hand or Deck, but is still treated as a "Nouvelles" card. Gains 300 ATK each time a monster(s) is Tributed. Unaffected by the activated effects of your opponent's monsters with less ATK than this card. (Quick Effect): You can Tribute 1 other Attack Position monster on either field, then target up to 3 "Nouvelles" monsters in your GY, except "Jambifron de Nouvelles"; add any number of them to your hand, and Special Summon the others. You can only use this effect of "Jambifron de Nouvelles" once per turn.

Figured giving Nouvelles a Hungry Burger retrain with an effect that tied into their gameplan of Tributing and tutoring their fellow Rituals would be neat. Likely taking the place of base Hungry Burger in current builds where Baelgrill removes a monster to tutor it out.

Name-wise, it's a portmanteau of "jambon" (a French pastry of cheese and ham) and "Bifrons" (the forty-sixth demon in Ars Goetia responsible for teaching arts and sciences as well as managing graves and their contents, as per Wikipedia's description).

Appearance-wise, I envisioned a take on Hungry Burger using the aforementioned jambon acting as top and bottom buns, as well as melted cheese trailing out from its lower bun-jaw to simulate drool a monster would secrete to both demonstrate its appetite and strike fear into its prey. Bifrons is described as "two-faced" and "appearing as a monster before adopting a more human form", befitting of the Nouvelles motif of fiends accompanying the dishes they symbolize. In that vein, it too would receive one such humanoid fiend to appear in its artwork alongside it.

As far as this card's effects, Hungry Burger is in a sense its own reward to Summon off of Baelgrill in Nouvelles, where in combination can act as chainable singular and subsequent field-wide removal in combination with "Chef's Special Recipe" in the GY. Its effect to recycle Nouvelles monsters from the GY in two different ways references the grave-managing nature of Bifrons, but ultimately allows another option to recurse expended on-theme Ritual Monsters and even set up effects of "Balameuniere" and "Chef's Special Recipe" once more, as they'd be summmoned by the effect of this Nouvelles monster.

Ultimately, an upgraded Hungry Burger that can summoned off Baelgrill and the Recipe cards (including "Hamburger Recipe", for the faithful ones) with recursive effects would likely do Nouvelles some good favors. So I wanted to get this idea out of my head and into text form because I just find these culinary creeps so fun to play.

User avatar Premium
FEARattata • 6 months ago

Actually been thinking of custom Nouvelles support myself. Outside of obvious Ritual/Pend Monsters, my favorite idea is a Quick-Play Spell for them:

Recete de Maitre (Master's Recipe)

Quick-Play Spell

Send 1 "Recipe" card from your hand or Deck to the GY; Ritual Summon 1 "Nouvelles" Ritual Monster (You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field whose total Levels equal or exceed the Level of the Ritual Monster you Ritual Summon), also, if you sent "Chef's Special Recipe" to the GY for this card's cost, that Ritual Summoned Monster's name is also treated as "Hungry Burger". You can only activate 1 "Recete de Maitre (Master's Recipe) per turn.

Outside of the benefits of Ritual Summoning during your opponent's turn (in a much easier way than Staff Recipe does), the obvious synergy is to send Chef's Special Recipe, then use Chef's Special's GY effect to board-wipe the opponent, since you technically summoned "Hungry Burger". The only sad part is that, by being Quick-Play, it can't be searched with generic Ritual Support like Diviner or Pre-Prep, but it's a Recipe, so you can set it on your end-board if you search it with something like Restaurant or Balameuniere. The wording of the effect ("also treated as") makes it so that you can still use it as your Nouvelles tribute for Poeltis or Foie Glasya.