Thunder Dragon Punk Synchron (May 2023)
When Chaos Ruler banishes itself after you use it as material on the field, Assault Synchron can recycle it from the Banished pile! This means that Chaos Ruler can be used as combo material a whopping three times (Once on original summon, second when it resurrects itself from the GY, and a third when Assault Synchron summons it from the banished pile). 3 level 8 bodies can make multiple level 10 synchros like Baronne and Chengying, while providing material for your Spright combo afterwards! Chao Ruler's mill + banish also facilitates the Thunder Dragon cards, enabling you to also end on Thunder Dragon Colossus as part of your end board!
TPS might not be the best deck during "Tear 0" format, but it is well positioned to take tier 1-1.5 status once Ishizu Tearlaments finally get the ban hammer!
The PUNK cards are mainly to turbo out Chaos Ruler. Ze Amin + Deer Note make Chaos Ruler, while Deer Note revives a level 3/8 punk from the GY for further Synchro/XYZ plays.
The Spright cards add extra negation and extension on-board. Spright Elf can also re-summon Assault Synchron from GY, allowing you to make another level 10 synchro with it, or go further into your Spright combo since its a level 2.
The last archetype in this deck are the Synchrons. Assault Synchron is the heart and soul of the deck, and seeing this card (either by drawing it, Tuning or milling it) is integral to the strategy. Assault Synchron is the main way the duelist makes Cupid Pitch and multiple level 10 Synchro monsters.
Basically, you turbo out Chaos Ruler either by using Punk cards, or through Spright + Assault Synchron and you go from there. Depending on your mills, you get endboards of differing strength, but generally they have 1-2 level 10 synchros, Colossus, I:P Masquerena and Spright Elf with a packed GY of targets.
Here are the combos of this deck to summon Chaos Ruler:
- Special Summon Assault Synchron with it's own effect.
- Special Summon Spright Blue. Search Spright Jet.
- Special Summon Spright Jet. Search Spright Starter.
- Synchro summon Cupid Pitch using Spright Blue + Assault Synchron. Increase Cupid Pitch's level to 6.
- Synchro summon Chaos Ruler using Cupid Pitch + Spright Jet.
- CL1 Chaos Ruler to mill 5 cards, CL2 Cupid Pitch to search for either Ze Amin (PUNK combo) or Caligo Claw Crow (Level 2 extender for Spright plays). This was done without your normal summon!
- Normal/Special summon Ze Amin.
- Activate Ze Amin’s search effect to get Foxy Tune from deck.
- Activate Foxy Tune from hand and discard a card to summon Deer Note from deck.
- Synchro summon Chaos Ruler using Ze Amin + Deer Note.
- CL1 Chaos Ruler to mill 5 cards, CL2 Deer Note to resurrect Ze Amin (If you want to make a rank 8 XYZ monster, resurrect Foxy Tune instead).
After all your combos, you should have a mix of level 10 synchros, Colossus, I:P Masquerena and Spright Elf with Spright Red/Carrot!
- Keep in mind that Spright Starter and Gigantic Spright lock you into only level/rank/link-2s! Don't lock yourself out of your combos!
- Once the Bystial cards come out in Masterduel, this deck reaches its full potential. Until then, this deck is a weaker strategy. This deck will only get better in the future!
- The 12 staple slots in this deck are designed specifically to counter the Tear 0 meta. Feel free to exchange them to relevant cards that pertain to whatever meta is active.
- Psychic End Punisher is an auto-win for vs. many decks, including Tearlaments. Once it gets to ridiculous levels of attack, they literally have no out to it. Try to make this guy as much as possible!
Thunder Punk Synchron is positioned to be a top meta contender once Tearlaments get the ban hammer, since this deck is held back by the Ishizu cards. Also, once the Bystial cards come out in Masterduel, this deck reaches its full potential. This deck will only get better in the future, so I highly recommend you begin piloting and learning this really fun deck!
Other Decks on ygoprodeck.com
Master Duel Cost Breakdown
Export to Image
Export to List
Export to Tabletop Simulator
Export Deck to Master Duel/Neuron
You can export your deck directly from YGOPRODeck to Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel or Neuron using our Web Browser extension!
Simply install the extension, and click the button below to export your deck to Master Duel or Neuron! It will bring you to the Official Konami Database. Once there, you can edit a deck and hit the "Import clipboard and save" button!
Price Deck from
Total Estimated Deck Price:
This tool attempts to find the lowest Market Price for each card on .
|Card||Qty||Price ea||Card Set|
Prices not found for the following cards:
Download Deck images
This will download all images used in this deck and zip them up for you. This is done on your computer and could take a minute or so to complete so please do not close the page.