Pure Marincess (Post February 2023 Banlist)
This meta lets finally more space for other decks. And it's about time to bring back our Marincess strategy. Furthermore, some decklists did tops in YCS and WCQ. Then, I decided to update my own decklist for this format.
I think this list stays kinda standard. However, this is some things to enlighten
- In this meta, Infinite Impermanence is a must have. Marincess has in its tools, a powerful trap : Marincess Wave. I think you have to play more than one copy of this card, as it's a powerful interruption + a good protection for your field monsters (it also includes not Marincess monsters). However, I think two copies is enough, as you can recycle this trap with Marincess Pascalus and Marincess Great Bubble Reef.
- I prefered to run two copies of Cynet Mining and two of Pot of Desires instead of three of Cynet. IMO, Pot can be annoying if you banish the field spell. But most of the time, you are supposed to use it after having searched your Battle Ocean. Finally, you will be able to get some interruptions for the following turn.
- I think Triple Tactics Talent is a solid two of in the deck. It's for me a good way to start to play after some interruptions (Marincess is pretty weak to the handtraps in general), especially with Ash and Nibiru in the meta.
- The use of some Marincess monsters is debatable. First, Marincess Sleepy Maiden can be seen as a big brick (sometime it is), but I believe this card to be important for the deck more as a protection for the field spell than an extender for your board. For Marincess Basilalima, I've been convinced that this card is good to protect your monster from destruction and also for the bannishment effect (Fun stuff: you can use her attack buff multiple times in combination with Marincess Great Bubble Reef). For those reasons, I decided to keep one copy of each in the deck. Feel free to cut those card if you prefer other extenders or Power cards to run instead.
- Honestly, I don't really like Marincess Crystal Heart. I also find Eria the Water Charmer, Gentle a little situational (useful in the Spright matchup but not really that much). For that, I still believe Abyss Dweller to be a powerful card in the Extra Deck for a final spot (good lock of GY effects, little Atk buff as you use Water Materials)
As usual, if you have any thoughts/improvements/feedbacks respecting the list, do not hesitate to share it in the comment :)
Marincess is one of my favorite deck (and the first one I played when I start locals and tournaments) and I think the deck is a fun deck in the meta, with great weapons to make results and shine in tournaments.
Hope you liked this list. Enjoy the game!
Other Decks on ygoprodeck.com
Master Duel Cost Breakdown
Export to Image
Export to List
Export to Tabletop Simulator
Export Deck to Master Duel/Neuron
You can export your deck directly from YGOPRODeck to Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel or Neuron using our Web Browser extension!
Simply install the extension, and click the button below to export your deck to Master Duel or Neuron! It will bring you to the Official Konami Database. Once there, you can edit a deck and hit the "Import from Clipboard and save" button!
Price Deck from TCGplayer
Total Estimated Deck Price:
This tool attempts to find the lowest Market Price for each card on TCGplayer.
|Card||Qty||Price ea||Card Set|
Prices not found for the following cards:
Download Deck images
This will download all images used in this deck and zip them up for you. This is done on your computer and could take a minute or so to complete so please do not close the page.