Ogdoadic Dinosaur Scrap
Final version of the deck for the new format in the TCG
The Spright Elf card has huge synergy with the Dinosaur deck. The fact of not having access to it anymore makes the end board less solid against secondary blind cards and also with less follow ups. Some combos also get a lot worse like Scrap Raptor + Miscellaneousaurus.
Ultimately it can be replaced with other options like a LINK-2 Reprodocus, a LINK-2 Knightmare Cerberus or a LINK-2 Charmer or some XYZ RANK-4 option like Tornado Dragon. Of course I should use Math in the deck build to know what will be most effective.
////////////////////////////////////////////////// ////////////////////////////Combos and moves that complement the combos shown in the following decklist:
COMBO 1: Diagram + Oviraptor/Babycerasaurus (use all 4 Babys)
You can take advantage of PSY-Framelord Omega in the deck with Ogdoadic cards. If you do it in the full combo which is when the opponent says he has no interactions:
COMBO 2: Oviraptor + Babycerasaurus + Nunu (FULL COMBO WITH THE BEST FOLLOW UPS POSSIBLE)
On the way back you already have half a RANK-8 to start breaking the field. That way it kind of plays the role of Chaos Ruler the next turn of the deck, of course Chaos Ruler is a much more powerful card but it has many qualities besides returning Miscellaneousaurus to the GY.
The engine of Ogodoadic Possible combos to force interactions:
Easy access to Exciton Knight, Dingirsu and AA-Zeus.
Snake Rain + 2 Discard = I:P Masquerena + Bagooska
////////////////////////////////////////////Card and gameplay comments:
Ogdoadic's engine is extremely horrible against Bystial cards. Any combination of 2 Bystial cards is enough to eliminate all Ogdoadic plays.
Even a single Bystial can ruin an Ogdoadic day and that's why I've decided that every game where I face Bystial I'm going to pull the entire 11 card engine from Ogdoadic because Bystial.
As Bystial are terrible against Dinosaur cards, I prefer to change the 11 Ogdoadic cards for new 11 Side Deck cards, because Omega can also return Miscellaneousaurus to the GY, which means that I will continue to have Follow Up.
This deck has a lot of brick so a Deck Build recommendation is to increase the number of cards above 40 because you reduce the chance of seeing your bricks which means continuing to have consistency. Jesse Kotton made a video talking about it on his channel called: The Heart Of The Cards is a Load of Rubbish! How to Improve at Yugioh #1
When using Pot of Prosperity you must make the right decision because this deck can very well activate Prosperity for 6 cards and you must ban cards that will not harm you according to Gamestate for example if you have not accessed the Ogdoadic engine you must keep the King of the Feral Imps.
- There is no clear card rule to banish going first but generally you can banish Linkuriboh, Omega, Phoenix, I:P Masquerena, Dweller (if you don't know you are facing Tearlaments), Bagooska and Cerberus.
- Field breaking cards like Exciton Knight, Dingirsu and AA-Zeus I always keep in the Extra Deck.
- As the engine of Ishizu Tearlaments mill your main deck cards for the GY it can happen that you mill the cards of Scrap Raptor so the Scrap Wyvern can also be a card to be banned with Prosperity but in general I keep it because it is a insane letter.
Finally, the most significant change made besides adding the Dragonic Diagram + True King Lithosagym engine was card Number 23: Lancelot, Dark Knight of the Underworld in place of Number 38: Hope Harbinger Dragon Titanic Galaxy.
Advantages of Number 23:
- It is an omni negate every turn, that is, it plays the same role as Number 38 but also deals with traps like Evenly Matched. The opponent ends up also being taken by surprise when he sees that you accessed an omni negate with Ogdoadic's cards.
- It attacks the opponent directly making it easy for you to do AA-ZEUS in Main Phase 2 and clean the field by going over annoying cards like Avramax and Infinitrack Fortress Megaclops and any monsters with Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon protection like Borrelend Dragon to do AA-ZEUS.
- When he inflicts battle damage he destroys an opponent's monster so it's also a disruption in the battle phase.
Basically he's as good going first as Number 38: Harbinger and going second there's no comparison, it's much better.
- The only drawback I see on the card is the low ATK/DEF stat.
Other Decks on ygoprodeck.com
Master Duel Cost Breakdown
Export to Image
Export to List
Export to Tabletop Simulator
Export Deck to Master Duel/Neuron
You can export your deck directly from YGOPRODeck to Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel or Neuron using our Web Browser extension!
Simply install the extension, and click the button below to export your deck to Master Duel or Neuron! It will bring you to the Official Konami Database. Once there, you can edit a deck and hit the "Import clipboard and save" button!
Price Deck from TCGplayer
Total Estimated Deck Price:
This tool attempts to find the lowest Market Price for each card on TCGplayer.
|Card||Qty||Price ea||Card Set|
Prices not found for the following cards:
Download Deck images
This will download all images used in this deck and zip them up for you. This is done on your computer and could take a minute or so to complete so please do not close the page.