Crystal Beast Conclave (Post December 2022 Banlist)
After the annoncement of the December 2022 banlist, I decided to update my Crystal Beast Conclave decklist, to fit with the new card restriction (Bye Bye Mystic Mine !). Despite the banlist, I personally think this deck stays a viable choice as a good Anti Meta alternative, with pretty decent match ups overall.
The main goal of the list is to deplete your opponent's ressources. The deck has the advantage of being composed of multiple tools to adapt your gameplay against specific gameplans (thanks to Field Spells, to the Extra Deck).
Neshy (a youtuber specialized in Crystal Beast content, who has topped recently with a Conclave list) did a really good video, that explain the way to play Crystal Conclave Deck. The video was posted few weeks before the banlist but the explanations of the Conclave list are really clear and good.
Video Link : https://youtu.be/91-OiiG-eS4
Impact of the Mystic Mine ban
I tested this list in my local to see how the ban impacts the deck performance. IMO, the banlist does not impact so much the deck, as Necrovalley stays a better field spell to play in the current metagame. Furthermore, in the same idea to counter the main meta decks, Zombie World is another great tool to have in the deck (Good against Floowandereeze, decent against Tear). Then, I decided to replace Mine by Zombie World.
I see some better improvement in this list, if you have the cards/the money to spend in :
- Pot of Extravagance => Pot of Prosperity : better to maximize the Extra Deck's use
- Raigeki => Lightning Storm : more polyvalent, better to manage heavy backrow boards
- Borrelsword Dragon => Accesscode Talker
There are some ideas to adapt the deck with budget choices :
- For the Extra Deck, I highly recommend you to play Divine Arsenal AA-ZEUS - Sky Thunder despite its price. However if you want to replace it or other cards that you deem expensive, you can add an extra copy of Number 41: Bagooska the Terribly Tired Tapir and of Abyss Dweller : it will offset the cost of Pot of Extravagance.
- Raigeki is a good card to play. However, there are budget alternatives of it as Dark Hole or Torrential Tribute.
As usual, feel free for you, to give your feedback and ideas in the comment to improve this list :)
Other Decks on ygoprodeck.com
Master Duel Cost Breakdown
Export to Image
Export to List
Export to Tabletop Simulator
Price Deck from TCGplayer
Total Estimated Deck Price:
This tool attempts to find the lowest Market Price for each card on TCGplayer.
Prices not found for the following cards:
Download Deck images
This will download all images used in this deck and zip them up for you. This is done on your computer and could take a minute or so to complete so please do not close the page.