|Deck Type:||Non-Meta Decks|
|Deck Master:||Loki, Lord of the Aesir|
|Submission Date:||September 15th 2021|
|YGOPRODeck File Download|
With new Nordic support from Battle of Chaos set and Brave Token. Combo and matchup is in the video down below.
There are 2 combo lines being used here.
4-3-3: Ivaldi+Gullinbursti+Tanngnjostr, in this line it's better to make Thor because it provides 2 recursions (Thor eff and new trap eff).
4-4-2: Ivaldi+Alviss+Vanadis send Mara, in this line it's better to make Loki/Odin because we use both Nordic Alfar tuner and Nordic Ascendant tuner (2 recursions: Loki/Odin eff and Alviss GY eff). This combo line is added because Zeus is able to wipe the 4-3-3 line endboard and turns off both the 2 revives (Thor eff and new trap eff), despite the combo giving more advantage.
- 3 Alviss: One of the best normal summon because we will have guaranteed recursion if it's in the GY. It got great GY eff, so we run 1 each of the Aesir at least to freely choose which one is perfect for the situation. The first effect is kinda niche, as you need to send 1 monster you control, means you will lack material for regular synchro summon as Alviss effect is not treated as proper synchro summon.
- 3 Ivaldi, 1 RotA: The new Nordic support, best normal summon because it allows the 4-3-3 line to get full advantage (add this card back from GY via Gullinbursti, summon it next turn).
- 2-3 Gullinbursti: Only 2 because it cannot add itself back if using the 4-3-3 line, especially if you run smaller Nordic lineup, you don't really wanna draw this name on the first turn if you only open 1 Nordic monster.
- 2 Tanngnjostr/Tanngrisnir: Just another Nordic name, but play 2 since its needed in 4-3-3 line to summon from deck.
- 1 Vanadis, 1 Mara: For the 4-4-2 combo line. Vanadis is a Nordic Ascendant for Odin revival, while Mara is a Nordic Alfar for Loki. Mara also allows Halqifibrax play (either for Selene Accescode or Shooting Riser sending Aquamancer or Token Collector).
- 1 Nordic Relic trap each (Gungnir and the new Valinn): Valinn is super good negation with revival (1 eff per turn) while Gungnir doesn't need Aesir name to interrupt.
- I don't run the new Nordic Relic spell Hildskjalf because the e-tele eff locks us to Aesir (yeah the link 1 is Nordic, can't summon that) and the GY eff negs us because it needs a shuffle back. We'd rather run more Nordic monster than drawing Foolish Burial Goods to achieve the same.
- Regular Brave Token lineup: 3 Aquamancer, 3 Rites of Aramesia, 1 Foolish Burial, 1 Journey of Destiny, 1 Wandering Gryphon Rider, and 1 Dracoback the Dragonsteed equip.
- 3 Hippo Carnival: Seems random but you can chain this to summon 3 tokens as link 1 Gullveig banish fodders.
- The rest is just staples.
- 2-3 Gullveig link 1: Only 2, because it's hard to resolve the third one, and by that time we're already lose/win anyway.
- The Aesirs: 1 each for Alviss play, but play more Thor and Loki. Thor gives you potential bait/crackback if summoned via Alvis GY eff. Loki recurs any trap by reviving itself, it means the opponent has to think if they want to remove our trap before removing Loki as Loki can add it back, while at the same time Loki is protected by our link 1 Gullveig making it harder to remove before the trap. Loki creates a mindgame, huh nothing new.
- Halq play: Selene, Accesscode, Shooting Riser
- The rest is just generic toolbox.
Format and matchup specific