|Deck Type:||Anime Decks|
|Deck Master:||Black Tyranno|
|Submission Date:||July 15th 2019|
|YGOPRODeck File Download|
Art Credit: FoolishLittleMortal
Deck Themes: Dinosaurs, high ATK, high-level summons, "Black" dinosaur series
Aesthetic: Pure dinosaur designs, wild prehistoric Earth, minimal influence from more modern or comedic tones.
Strategy: Summon high-ATK dinosaurs and buff them up with support cards, and hit the opponent hard. There are many cards to help cheat out the higher level Dinosaur monsters, and a smattering of high-level Dragons to bring the pain on the field. Destruction effects are minimal, with almost zero anti-S/T elements to the deck.
- Black Ptera: Acts to replace the anime-only Kaitoptera, so it has multiple copies instead of the single copy that the other Black dinos get.
- Black dinosaurs: A unique series/sub-theme not used by any other existing characters, this sort of non-archetype series of related monsters feels very true to early Yu-Gi-Oh!
- Jurassic World: A simple ATK boost for Dinosaurs, this card is ultra-basic and very true to early-era Duel Monsters. Although it and Destroyersaurus were used by Tyranno Kenzan in GX, I feel this is generic and basic enough of a card, and aesthetically perfect, to justify use in this deck. However, due to the connections to Tyranno, it is likely this will end up subbed out for the "Dinosaur Kingdom" Field Spell from the upcoming Ultimate Predators starter deck that is themed around Rex Raptor and Weevil Underwood.
- The Earth - Hex-Sealed Fusion & Instant Fusion: Acts as a way to summon out the lower level Dinosaur Fusion monsters that Ryuzaki already has half of the fusion materials for. In the case of Instant Fusion, it can also provide handy tribute fodder for a Tribute Summon.
- Razor Lizard: Although comical and not quite fitting the naturalistic aesthetics of most of Ryuzaki's deck, this card fits vaguely with Balloon Lizard as a goofy-but-not-too-cartoonish Reptile and existed back in the DM era. The only other real option in non-archetyped Reptiles was Don Turtle, and since turtles don't have a strong relationship to dinosaurs in public perception I passed on choosing it.
Exclusions: Though there are many more strong high-level dinosaurs that could be options, many of them were excluded due to being used by or associated with Tyranno Kenzan in the GX anime. This includes Ultimate Tyranno, Super Conductor Tyranno, Ultimate Conductor Tyranno, Tyranno Infinity and Saurobeast Brachio.
Design Intent: Casual. All character decks I design are intended to play against each other and are tweaked to do so, being 50 cards and having a side deck as well. Generally a balance between consistency and authenticity is intended, so while multiple copies of cards may be run the idea is to see a wide variety of plays, much like in the anime/manga.
|Toggle Deck List|
|Monster||Serpent Night Dragon x1Megazowler x1Sword Arm of Dragon x1Crawling Dragon #2 x2Two-Headed King Rex x2Uraby x1Trakodon x1Tyrant Dragon x1Black Tyranno x2Balloon Lizard x3Black Brachios x1Black Stego x1Black Veloci x1Destroyersaurus x1Giant Rex x2Black Ptera x2Gilasaurus x2|
|Spells||Big Evolution Pill x2Double Evolution Pill x1Fossil Dig x2Monster Reborn x1Polymerization x1Tail Swipe x2Ultra Evolution Pill x1Jurassic World x3Raise Body Heat x2Rush Recklessly x2|
|Traps||Bottomless Trap Hole x2Hunting Instinct x2Jurassic Impact x1Survival Instinct x1Survival of the Fittest x1Volcanic Eruption x1|
|Extra||Bracchio-raidus x1Cyber Saurus x1Pragtical x1|
|Side||Red-Eyes B. Dragon x1Sabersaurus x1Razor Lizard x3The Earth - Hex-Sealed Fusion x1Instant Fusion x1Spacetime Transcendence x1The Seal of Orichalcos x1Degen-Force x1Jurrac Impact x1Fossil Excavation x1Seismic Shockwave x1Destruction Jammer x1Overwhelm x1|