|Deck Type:||Fun/Casual Decks|
|Deck Master:||Return of the Red-Eyes|
|Submission Date:||June 11th 2019|
|Last Updated:||July 11th 2019|
|YGOPRODeck File Download|
Prototype / Experiment deck made combining Red Eyes B. Dragon and Blue Eyes White Dragon, which are kind of opposites.
Idea of this deck came after seeing and using Return of the Red-Eyes, which is a card in the Red Eyes deck to make your Red Eyes B. Dragon return from the GY but I noticed that for some reason it also allowed level 8 monsters to be returned. Realizing that Blue Eyes White Dragon is a level 8, thought why not?
There's not much special in this deck, no new combos but it's fun to play. The generic combos are used in this deck, but I'll write them below anyways:
- If you have a BEWD (Blue Eyes White Dragon) in your hand, use Melody of Awakening Dragon to bring BEWD Alternative and Odd-Eyes Advance Dragon to hand, SS BEWD Alt., Remove an opponent monster, then normal summon the Odd Eyes and you can take down another one while dealing damage. Just hope there's no Bottomless trap hole or anything else in the opponent's trap zone. Odd-Eyes Advance is pretty useful.
- I added a kaiju in there for removing any annoying cards in the opponents field like Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon (more annoying if it's summoned by a windwitch effect)
- Kidmodo gets useful, especially is you use dragon shrine to get rid of it from the deck and since it's in the GY it's effect activates and you can SS a Blue Eyes from your hand.
- Use the Black Stone of Legend to summon a REBD (Red-Eyes B. Dragon) and then summon an Alternative from your hand, do this cause a) It has the same attack so there's no difference, b) If something like Raigeki or Mirror Force or something comes you can SS REBD with double the attack, 4800 is a lot of attack.
- Keeper of the Shrine is just useful in a dragon deck.
- I added Lightning Vortex cause it was useful to get a lot of cards like Red-Eyes Wyvern, Clear Kuriboh, The White Stone of the Ancients, etc. in the GY, it also clears your opponent's field so two birds with one stone.
- Back to the Front (Return to the Frontlines) is good if you have a BEWD in the GY and one on the field, so you can xyz summon a Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon and then move on to Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Blade Dragon after that. If it gets destroyed then bring out Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon and summon Galaxy-Eyes Full Armour Photon Dragon and detach a material to get rid of a monster on the field (preferably the one who sent Cipher blade dragon to the GY). Galaxy-Eyes Tachiyon Dragon is good for monsters that are buffed and have their attacks increased. Choose to bring out either Tachiyon or Cipher dragons wisely as the situation may demand it.
- I put Deck Devastation Virus especially because of the fact that we can bring out REBD easily using Return of the Red-Eyes or Return of the Dragon Lords or the Black Stone of Legend and sacrifice that for activating this card. Return of the Red-Eyes can easily bring it out again.
- A Wild Monster Appears! was added because of all the times I got frustrated losing just because I had only a BEWD Alt. and nothing else in my hand, so i can't SS it and just end up taking battle damage. The card allows it to stay for a fairly long time so you can use to bring out BEWD Alt. and buy some time to get a game changer card like Return of the Dragon Lords or One Day of Peace which buy more time.
- One for One was useful as it just summoned Black Stone of Legend on my first turn which allowed an instant REBD on the field, or a Red-Eyes Baby Dragon if I want to buy some time for a better card next turn or if the opponent has too many monsters on the field.
- Unhappy Maiden because a) Easily allows a one turn survival against most decks, b) I honestly just like the card.
- I put "First of the Dragons" in the Side deck because it's honestly a good card but most decks run cards that just remove cards by effects so it wouldn't be of much help.
If anyone has any better cards to improve/add better combos, do inform me. Also, if anyone has any good DARK tuner that allows me to synchro Beelze of the Diabolic Dragons please help, it's a favorite of mine.
This deck was made just as an experiment to see how well I could combine the two archetypes famous in the old days inspired by Return of the Red-Eyes. It won't stand much of a chance against the more powerful meta decks like altergeist, but it has a chance against Cyber Dragons depending on your hand and how well you play it. This deck can alone clear all the computer decks in the YGOPRO: The Dawn Of A New Era game in the vs DuelTek 760 and also stands against most decks in the vs Dueling Robot.
I messed up and forgot to put Red Eyes Alternative in the deck, it's there now.
I added "Lair of Darkness" in the deck for three reasons, the first one being that IO actually forgot to the first time. The second being, if you combine it with Deck Devastation Virus (DDV), you can sacrifice any monster the opponent has (Over 2000 attack, and it's a dark monster now, so no worries even if it's originally a light or fire or whatever) for DDV, removing a monster from the opponents field and also now any monster below 1500 attack from their hand.
Third reason, since every monster on the field is now a dark monster, you finally have a dark tuner, meaning you can finally summon Beelze of the Diabolic Dragons! I've wanted to add this card for a long time for the sole reason that this card alone can rival and single-handedly take down a pure Blue Eyes white Dragon deck. Since no card effects can destroy it, BEWD Alternative is useless, and any xyz monster like Galaxy Eyes Cipher Blade or Full Armour can't destroy it, and even if they attack for damage, you'll take the damage once and that value will get added to Beelze's attack, just making it stronger than before. In a pure BEWD deck like in the single player, nothing i've seen in that deck can take this down, but just to be on the safe side, destroy all the annoying monsters first.