|Deck Type:||Non-Meta Decks|
|Deck Master:||Atlantean Dragoons|
|Submission Date:||April 13th 2021|
|YGOPRODeck File Download|
|High Quality Decks|
Hello and welcome! This is deck #50 for me on this site (#52 actually, but never mind that) and it has been a journey indeed. I enjoy making decks/writing deck descriptions and posting them on this site and for deck number 50 I wanted to do something special! I decided to make an Atlantean Mermail list with an in depth description! Why Atlantean of all things? Because it is a really fun deck to play (in my opinion) and it is also considerable difficulty to play as well, so I will share my knowledge with you. This list also uses Retort Fusion (DAMA) and does not use the new level 5 Deep Sea Synchro since I feel like (from a lot of testing) that it is not needed or good in general. I really hope you enjoy this deck description and if you do make sure to like this post (here on YGOPROdeck) so that I know you want more like this. If this gets enough likes (10 or more) I will make more detailed deck descriptions!! My goal at the end of this article is to get you a solid understanding of how to play this deck on a competitive level. I highly recommend trying this deck out, not only is it very fun to play - It is also a strong deck. Well, without further ado, here we go!
If you would like to look at the combos, feel free to check out my Youtube video - I explain all the deck ratios in there as well :)
Intro and Credits
Mermails were actually really good last year (both the VFD turbo and the hand loop variants) but if you think about it, as of now the deck has suffered a lot of hits such as Jet Synchron (pretty significant but can be replaced at a cost of not playing too many cards that are not water), O-lion (this is huge), linkross (made the deck more consistent but is not really needed otherwise) and VFD as well (end board monster you can make after looping 3-4 cards). This deck is inspired off of OCG lists that topped tournaments and also from some lists on youtube. Huge shoutout to Shire for some of the deck ratio numbers and combos! One thing about the ocg is that they still have O-lion, Jet synchron AND VFD as well (is at 1)!! This is an outrage! (They even have Colossus and a lot of other stuff we don’t and somehow that is fair). This list differs a little from the OCG lists and is more TCG focused but I assure you, it can still do some crazy things like before! This list can do both hand loops for 4-5 cards and set up 2-3 negates or even go in a full negate based path if needed. Keep in mind all the combos are Nibiru proof as well so that is 1 problem out of the way (that that nibiru! hahahahaha - sorry it's a combo player thing).
Main Deck Ratios
- 3x Atlantean Prince - This is your main starter and can give you access to basically anything since you can mill Dragoons and search for another Dragoons using it’s effect. 100% have to maximize on it and it’s secondary effect is also good (monster reborn like effect if sent to GY) so it serves as an extender as well if drawn at multiple copies or with other normal summons.
- 3x Atlantean Dragoons - Oh boy here we go! Literally all the cards with “Dragoon” in the name are insanely broken for some reason lol. This is your main searcher that gives you access to your entire deck (literally). It’s effect is not once per turn as well so it is the best thing in the world if you draw it. This is the best card in the entire deck hands down and if you are not playing 3 copies, I’m sorry to say but there is something wrong with you (sorry!).
- 2x Atlantean Heavy Infantry - This card is great removal if discarded from the hand (basically a Zoodiac Drident) and can also be used to gain a Normal Summon.
- 3x Deep Sea Diva - Another main normal summon card that enables huge combos and gives you access to your Atlantean Prince! Best starter in the deck and you need to maximize on this, very self explanatory.
- 3x Deep Sea Minstrel - this is also an amazing draw and drawing it early lets you play through handtraps (I like to rub it into nibiru’s face - it makes me feel good) and get water monsters (like Dragoons) from your hand into the graveyard. Drawing it also enables you to search something else with dragoons to further extend plays (you search minstrel in some of the combos btw).
- 1x Mermail Abyssmegalo - This guy is a little interesting. He does require 2 discards so I decided to play only 1 (some people play 2 but 3 is not recommended). It helps get water monsters in the GY and also searches for a trap as well.
- 2x Mermail Abyssgunde - this is also an interesting card, it is used in the combos and is searchable but I opted to only play 2 copies instead of 3 because you will not always have a mermail in the grave (you are really not running that many) so I opted to play 2. Still a very important combo piece.
- 1x Mermail Abysspike - Again, just 1 copy since you can search it and because it is a normal summon (don’t want to open too many normal summons). Still a solid card that gets stuff into the GY and helps combos.
- 3x Mermail Abyssteus - Here we go again! This card not only is an extender but it enables so many combos/plays and you NEED 3 of this like dragoons. It gets things into the Grave, special summons itself and even searches a mermail which is amazing! Extender and combo enabler all in 1!!
- 1x Moulinglacia the Elemental Lord - this card is insanely powerful, it can special itself from the hand and can also rip 2 cards out of your opponent’s hand!! Only one copy needed since it can be searched.
- 1x Fishborg Launcher - Amazing card to summon with halq (it's basically a jet synchron) and is not a brick if drawn (can discard it and then it will resurrect itself). Some people are playing 2 of these but I decided to go for 1 because some of the extra deck monsters/main deck monsters are not water so you can’t use it’s effect.
- 1x Lappis Dragon - This can be search with dragoon to go into synchro plays.
- 2x Aqua Spirit - Amazing extender, also lets you get into bahamut shark easier so that you can end on an extra toadally awesome as an OMNI negate or for anti nibiru protection!
- 2x Sea Turtle Kaiju - This is a form of removal. That is why I am only running 2 copies, since prosperity can dig for it if needed.
- 3x Swap Frog - You need to play this because Froge best. Swap frog is an amazing extender which can help dump your cards into the Graveyard and also help in getting toadally awesome out!
- 1x Ronintoadin - This is for Frog combos, and it is a brick you do not want to draw - you can simply discard it if you draw it. Playing this brick is well worth it because it can summon itself back from the graveyard multiple times generating so much advantage!!
- 1x Deskbot 001 - Great Combo enabler, is kind of a brick when drawn, simply means a -1 (need to summon with halq from the hand).
- 3x Deep Sea Aria - this card is literally insane, being able to search for almost anything in the entire deck, very self explanatory.
- 3x Retort Fusion - This is the best extender in the entire deck, and it also allows Halq turbo to be possible in case you get hit with droll or something like that.
- 1x Abyss-sphere - This is something you can search with Megalo, it helps to extend/pressure the opponent and is also used in the combo!! I’m running this instead of the Mizuchi equip spell because the equip spell only works if you have a mermail on the field and you don’t have mermails in your end boards a whole lot.
Extra Deck Cards -
- 1x Trishula, Dragon of the Ice barrier - Great removal card (banishes from field and GY as well) and can also be used to handloop! This card I especially like in the handloop combo because it banishes from the hand (and 1 from the GY, can be one you looped earlier) so if you are going against a GY deck like eldlich, you can guarantee value!! Used in the combos as well btw.
- 1x Deep Sea Prima Donna - This card is literally insane, being able to special summon from the deck is insane and it is used in combos as well. It can also recycle banished cards (another thing to keep in mind).
- 1x Adamancipator Dragite - This is a card you can make easily, it is generic spell/trap negate and is also a water monster in case you are locked after using Coral Anemone and whatnot.
- 1x Borreload Savage Dragon - Ah, you gotta love a dragon link card, but this is actually a generic Omni negate, which can help your combos stay nibiru proof even after you return the nibiru you banished (with minstrel) to the opponent’s hand (with Prima donna). Great card to have in your end board, no arguments there!
- 1x Virtual World Shenshen - This is another card you can have in your endboard (in the deep sea diva combo) and it is a Macro Cosmos! This card is Insane and you must play it!
- 1x Desert Locusts - an extra hand rip you can summon with halq during your opponent's turn!
- 1x Crystron Halqifibrax - Oh yeah, synchro deck? You need this guy, it's literally a law or something (except if you are playing Junk Speeder lol). This card also has another purpose in the deck other than just the tuner from the deck. Halq will be on our end board sometimes and you can use him to make Desert Locusts during your opponent’s turn for an extra handrip! (Insert maniacally laugh here)
- 2x Marincess Coral Anemone - This card is a generic reborn and can be great for a comeback and that is why I decided to play it at 2 copies (you use 1 for the combo) just in case. It’s only downside is that it locks you to water only for the rest of the turn (keep this in mind!).
- 1x Mecha Phantom Beast Arouradon - This is to go into synchro plays and goes well with Halq (summons deskbot and now you have 2+ machines). Very self explanatory.
- 1x Sea Monster - This guy is really useful and can be summoned off of Retort Fusion and it is also a water!!
- 1x Mistar Boy - generic link 2 which can be used to OTK as well
- 1x Accesscode - OTK and for removal as well
- 1x Bahamut Shark - this card is so good, it can summon toadally from the extra deck and if you detach Dragoons to use it’s effect, Guess what! You get another search!
- 1x Toadally Awesome - This card is insane, an Omni negate and if your opponent was using a staple, you get to eat it onto your field! This also makes the combos nibiru proof and when it’s sent to the GY, it can recycle a water to your hand which is HUGE because you literally mill all 3 dragoons in your first turn most of the time lol.
Well, that is all I have for this deck explanation, I really hope you enjoyed and even have a basic understanding of how to play this deck! If this was helpful, please let me know by giving this post a like or by even commenting down below! 10+ likes and I will do more of these in the future! If you like to see the combos, here is the link to my video again -
Thank you so much for the continued support and I’ll see you soon!! :D