|Deck Type:||Meta Decks|
|Deck Master:||Neptabyss, the Atlantean Prince|
|Submission Date:||September 23rd 2020|
|Last Updated:||October 7th 2020|
|YGOPRODeck File Download|
|High Quality Decks|
This deck is fairly consistant and flexible, with that in mind most hands you draw are going to be flexible, this means there are multiple different combos you can go into whether they are generic mermail combos or not. I will go through the decklist card by card to tell you how and why they are used along with what they can be replaced by from the side. at the end of the list i will add a list of good water cards that you can use aswell. This deck is susceptible to hand traps and called by the grave.
- Neptabyss, The Atlantean Prince. - This card is your main pitcher to activate your Dragoons. It also adds another Atlantean card to your hand giving you a +1 when his effect is allowed to go off and you pitch dragoons. Besides that he has a a High likely hood of being in your starting hand (either as this card or as 4 different options). Just like other Atlanteans he has a ditch effect, which special summons an Atlantean from the grave which makes him a good floater / extender. Even if this effect is negated it will still send a Dragoon to be sent for cost.
- Atlantean Dragoons. - These are run at three because you cant run more than three. Honestly this card is amazing! He can be ditched for cost by any water monster and he will add any sea serpent type monster from the deck to hand making him a hand floater and makes Neptabyss a +1. He is also a combo starter for multiple combos including an anti nibiru combo. His second effect is useless 99.9% of the time. He is a level 4 water monster meaning he can xyz into Bahamut Shark.
- Atlantean Heavy Infantry. - This is one of 2 Atlantean cards that has a destruction effect upon ditching for cost. This one pops a face-up card your opponent controls. Due to this effect being mandatory it can be used to chain block so that Atlantean Dragoons cant be ashblossomed this usually only works when paired with megalo. and this isnt the only card that can chain block for dragoons. Anything with the mandatory effect can chain block so you are guaranteed your search. Heavy Infantry's secondary effect is rather good too and can actually enable a play if Crystron Quandax was being used - to go into an easy toad (as 6th summon). I run this at 2 to prevent bricks as running at three bricked me a little too much for my liking (if i wasnt running the Ronintoadin and Swap Frogs I would run this at 3).
- Atlantean Marksman. - This is the second of the destruction Atlanteans that I run. It can pop 1 face-down card on the field and is primarily used to pop pesky traps and trigger them at disopportunate times for your opponent. Just like with Atlantean Marksman this card effect doesn't need a target to trigger and as such can be used to chain block for protection of Atlantean Dragoons. Also similarly to Dragoons its secondary effect is not used very often at all and I often forget about it but it is able to search for any of the Atlantean monsers I run, so it is technically an eigth way into Atlantean Neptabyss. Due to the brick potential of this card and the fact that there are better spell/trap destruction that I could run, I only run the singular copy of this card.
- Deep Sea Diva. - This sea serpent is essentially 3 more copies of Atlantean Neptabyss as when it is normal summoned it can special summon any level 3 or lower sea serpent monster from your deck (usually Neptabyss). Not only this but it is a level 2 tuner, which is a great way of getting Crystron Halqifibrax out on the field. This card is VERY susceptible to hand traps like Ghost Ogre, Ash Blossom, Effect Veiler and Infinite Imperminence. When Diva's effect gets negate it stops your neptabyss being so easy to bring out as you have used your normal summon. Luckily there are multiple other ways to bring him out besides a normal summon or Diva effect. I run 3 of her because she makes getting Atlantean Neptabyss in the starting hand more consistant.
- Deep Sea Minstrel. - The second of 2 Deep Sea cards in this deck is another combo enabler but it can also deal with pesky hand traps like Nibiru, Ash Blossom, etc that we don't want interupting our set up. When paired with Atlantean Dragoons in the starting hand you can start the game with a nibiru in their banished pile or a combo that cant be stopped because the hand trap you hate the most is out of their hand. The fact you get to see their hand is incredibly powerful aswell. Due to the fact you know whats in their hand you can predict what they are going to do with those cards and play around that to back them into a corner. And thats just the first effect! Its second effect enables all of our Atlantean monsters and recycles 1 level 4 or lower water monster from grave to the deck when its special summoned. Since Called By The Grave has been limited I have been running 3 of these because you want to see them often.
- Mermail Abyssmegalo. - Now we are getting into some big bois. Megalo can special summon himself from the hand by sending to water monsters from hand as cost (Atlantean enabling) with 2400 attack he is one of the only monsters from the main deck that will be doing any attack. Especially seeing as when he is summoned this way he can search for 1 abyss- spell or trap (Abyss-scale Of The Mizuchi) to boost his attack to 3200. But wait he still has 1 more trick up his scale. As an activation he can send 1 face-up attack position monster you control to the GY as cost to allow him to attack twice in a turn. You cannot use this effect however if you go first. As a level 7 he can also enable the deck to go into level 8/9 synchros as wellDue to Megalo being a sea serpent meaning he is easily searchable I only run 1 of him, this also stops him cloggin the hand too often.
- Mermail Abyssteus. - The other level 7 card used in the Mermail archetype is Teus. He only requires 1 discard for his special summon which can start combos really nicely with Dragoons as you wont lose any card advantage due to Teus' second effect (when special summoned this way he can add 1 level 4 or lower Mermail monster from the deck to hand). You want to see this card in every starting hand with a Dragoons. Unfortunately there is no way to make seeing him in your hand more consistant at the moment and as such I have to run 3 of him in hopes of seeing him often.
- Mermail Abysspike. - Our level 4 Mermail card is called Abysspike he is searchable via Teus and can support the combo into a Toadally Awesome. When he is normal or special summoned he can ditch a water monster for cost and then add any level 3 water monster from deck to hand - with no Marincess Sea Horse in the main deck you only have 2 options (Deep Sea Minstrel or Mermail Abyssgunde). I only run 1 of this guy as he can be a clog and he is searchable through our combo.
- Mermail Abyssgunde. - To round off our Mermail monsters, Abyssgunde is used to special summon your other Mermails that are in the grave. This can extend your plays with an extra synchro monster or you can use that monster as link / Trish bait. This effect does not require Gunde to be discard for cost and can be discarded in anyway. Because of how chaining works, we can chain block our opponents optional effects with Gunde in order to keep our own optional monster effect from being negated. I only run her at 1 because I haven't used her much ever and when i do its just to extend my bored, otherwise she gets stuck in my hand.
- Swap Frog. - This level 2 aqua monster is actually a good extender, it requires a discard of 1 water monster to be discarded so that he can special summon himself (this does not trigger Atlanteans but it will trigger Gunde and Bluebeard). Whenever swap frog is special summoned he can send one level 2 aqua monster from the deck to the grave (usually Ronintoadin as it means you cant draw him later on as a brick). He can also target one monster you control (even himself) to the hand to normal summon an extra frog this turn (except himself). He usually sends himself unless you have a monster you want as a normal summon next turn (Diva) as all of his effects are a soft once per turn, so he can special summon himself again and send the other swap frog from deck to grave. Now this is useful as it enables Ronintoadins effect. I have played around with different ratios of Swap Frogs but I found that having 2 was better than having 3 (regardless of the fact that having only 2 limits Toadally Awesomes effect) as it bricks your hands a lot less.
- Ronintoadin. - As I was saying above Ronin is usually sent to the grave by Swap Frogs effect as it enables him. Ronins effect is: he can banish 1 Frog monster from your grave and then special summon him to the field. He can be used for and xyz summon of Toadally Awesome along with Swap Frog. I have also used this recursion effect once toadally awesome has died to special summon Ronin as an extender for link play because sadly he cannot be used as a synchro material
Other Water Monsters:
- Moulinglacia The Elemental Lord. - Moulin is a tricky card, he has a great card effect and a fairly easy summoning condition however... he does have one hell of a down side. His summon conditions are that he can be special summoned from the hand when the number of water monsters in your grave is exactly 5, this is very easy for this deck to do with the amount of cards that like being sent to the grave and link summoning a link-2 can sometimes be helpful to fulfill these requirements. When he is special summoned this way he can discard 2 cards from your opponents hand at random, this essentially means your opponent starts their turn with 4 cards instead of 6. Be careful with this effect however as alot of cards in the game like to be in the grave (Burning Abyss and Shadoll trigger when sent). Lastly his effect reads that when he leaves the field (by any means) you have to skip your next turns battlephase (essentially meaning you cant attack for 2 turns if you went first). With a 2800 attack value he is the monster with the strongest original attack in my deck and is often used as a beater alongside Megalo. Moulin is a sea serpent which means he can be searched by Dragoons and as such I only run 1 of him (just like Megalo) however if u see him in your hand its a good sign.
- Lappis Dragon. - Despite his name Lappis is a sea serpent which means he is searchable like Moulinglacia is. These two cards have been honourary Mermail / Atlantean cards for a long time as they just fit in so well. Especially Lappis as his effect reads that when he is add from deck to the hand (via Dragoons) he can Special summon himself. this is a super useful effect as it means you can get Halqifibrax out when you dont summon a Diva due to Lappis being a tuner. Not only is he a tuner but he i s a level 5 tuner, this means 1 Neptabyss and Lappis can also summon Brionac, Dragon of the Ice barrier. The fact he can special summon himself means he can be used for link bait and for a lvl9 synchro aswell if paired with a lvl4. His secondary effect is a little less useful as he can special summon himself from the when he is added from the grave especially seeing as you can only use 1 of the 2 effects per turn. i run him at 1 because he is searchable and i can bring him back with Coral Anemone if desperately required.
- Gameciel, The Sea Turtle Kaiju. - Gameciel is a kaiju... enough said. all jokes a side he is amazing at outing cards like Avramax, borrelsword, Accesscode Talker and Borrelload Savage Dragon. even if i get 2 in my hand he is a water kaiju so i can Moray Of Greed him back to the deck or use the second gameciel as link bait or synchro material. We dont use any of his other effects (what a surprise) as they are specifically for the kaiju archetype. I run 3 of them in my starting main-deck as you never know what to expect from your opponent and they are usually the things to be sided (especially against Mystic Mine) for Cosmic Cyclone or other side deck cards.
- Fishborg Launcher. - Fishborg Launcher is a great target for Halqifibrax to summon due to its recursion effect. This monster does nothing on the field except be a lvl1 tuner however whilst it is in the graveyard and all other monsters in your grave are water monsters it can special summon itself onto the field once per turn however when it leaves it has to be banished. This recursion effect allows the deck to synchro summon multiple times a turn or it can be used link bait. He is a great extender for the deck. He is definetely the best synchro for this deck as all of my synchros are water type so the limitation fishborg has on itself to only summon water synchros is pretty irrelevant. I run this little dude at 2 as it grants me more plays later in the game and gives my Foolish Burial an extra target.
- Barrier Statue Of The Torrent. - This is our lock out monster. He has a continous effect that prevents both players from special summoning anything but water monsters, by the time this is out I dont need the very few monsters in my extra deck that aren't water so this doesnt hinder me in the slightest. However my opponent will be forced alot of the time to summon a monster and skip their MP1 to get rid of the Torrent. Torrent is also super easy to summon once he is sent to the grave by any means as Marincess Coral Anemone can special summon it due its attack being sub 1500. This is usually how i get the Barrier Statue out on the field.
- Bluebeard, The Plunder Patrol Shipwright. - This Card could be deemed my signature for this deck as I have never seen any lists, or any other player use it. I will admit its a little cruedly placed in the deck but I promise you there is a reason. His effect activates when he is sent to the grave from the field or monster zone. When he is sent he can discard for cost another card from the hand to draw 1 card. If the sent card is Dragoons you cycle through your deck that much faster at a +0 card advantage. having this effect means that I can essentially trigger Atlantean effects with a Swap Frog by sending the Bluebeard as the discard. The rest of his effects are Plunder Patrol based and arent useful to this deck in the slightest, I may play around with having a second Bluebeard at some point but for now I am running him at 2 to avoid bricks and I just dont have enough space to put another in. Love this card.
- One For One. - OFO is in essence another Neptabyss summoner however it can be used on Fishborg Launcher too and in the OCG this card is also useful to summon Crystal Girl which will be going in the deck when that gets released. Ditching Bluebeard will trigger it. Run 1 cause its limited...
- Moray Of Greed. - Moray Of Greed is my draw power of the deck and it allows me to send unwanted water monsters from hand back to the deck. It is a +0 draw power. that just means it cycles through the deck well but not great. Running these at 3 because they are good cards no doubt no doubt.
- Pot Of Avarice. - Avarice is a brilliant card to draw after first turn. and its also a great card to have first turn with Moulinglacia having the same requirements that Avarice does. I dont have enough space to put a second Pot in as it would throw off the consistancy.
- Foolish Burial. - Used to chuck 3 targets into the grave and if none of those 3 aren't in the deck when you activate this card so you can thin out the deck for your next draw.
- Abyss-scalle Of The Mizuchi. - Gives Mermails it is attached to a boost of 800. I usually use this card on Mermail Abyssalacia unless im going for an OTK with Megalo. This card also has a mandatory effect to negate your opponents first spell that is play but will be destroyed doing so. This effect doesn't destroy so field and continous spell effects are still going to be on the field. Field spells are worse to deal with as most of there effects are activated once the card is on the field.
- Trishula, Dragon of Icy Imprisonment. - I use this card to go into True King of All Calamaties due to it being a level 9. Thats all this card is value wise to me. Its a level 9 monster that I can summon by banishing any 3 monsters on the field that I wont use. Linkross and a linkross token gets me 2 different monsters, so that leaves 1 monster left to banish. As long as you synchro one of the two lvl9's (preferably Ravenous Crocodragon if you know your opponents hand is free of hand traps) before you play Linkross you will also have a Fishborg Launcher to summon back then banish that fishborg because it would be banished anyway. That way you don't banish a 4th monster that is unnecessarily banished. Running only 1 because of how steep the summoning cost is.
- Trishula, Dragon Of The Ice Barrier. - Another lvl9 synchro monster used for multiple thhings. When it is summoned you can Banish 1 card from your opponents hand, GY and field. This does not target cards meaning it is a great out to Avramax and other troublesome monsters that can't be targeted or destroyed. Seeing as it rips 1 card from the hand paired with Moulinglacia, your opponent will start with 3 cards in hand to play with.
- Ravenous Crocodragon. - Again its another lvl9 except it has many more uses than the other 2. Because its a lvl9 it can be xyz material for Calamaties or use its effects to gain an advantage over the opponent. When he is synchro summoned he can draw cards equal to the amount of non-tuner synchro materials used for the summon. This trigger effect can give you more resources to play on, or keep them to deal with your opponents counter plays. The second effect of Crocodragon is a destruction quick effect that requires the discard of 2 cards (as cost) from the hand to destroy 1 card on the field. Running 1 because lvl9's are hard to summon.
- Adamancipator Risen - Dragite. - This lvl8 synchro is another card that we only use half of its full effect because it isn't as generic as other cards. The effect we do use is a negation effect for spell or traps once per turn. Besides the negation its a 3000 atk beater. I only need to run 1 of these as it is a hard once per turn negate (no need for multiple on the field) and they are hard to get the resources to summon. Use this card if you are going 1st.
- White Aura Whale. - Another lvl8 synchro with an effect we can fully utilise in this deck and none other! its requirements are stiff for most decks but not a water deck. When this card is synchro summoned it can destroy all face-up attack position monsters your opponent controls. Great destruction effect for clearing large boards your opponent has. His other effect is a revival effect which can be used to prevent damage to your face by summoning in defense. This card is great for clearing boards even when the opponent builds a new board due to its 2800 atk and piercing battle damage. Use this card if your opponent goes first and sets up a board.
- Brionac, Dragon Of The Ice Barrier. - Another useful card going 2nd to clear boards and trigger Atlantean effects. This cards attack isn't anything to ride home about so isnt often used for attacking other monsters.
- True King Of All Calamaties. - The best combo in this deck ends on this card and 3 cards ripped from the opponents hand. VFD negates monster effects your opponent controls stopping their combos before they can react. With 3000 atk and 3000 def VFD is an amzzing card to special summon in defense as most monster will struggle to get over it.
- Bahamut Shark. - A rank 4 xyz that summons Toadally Awesome and can then be linked off as a water material. I only use 1 of these because the deck doesnt churn out lvl4's all too often.
- Toadally Awesome. - Best hand trap counter. Due to the lack of frogs Toadally Awesome can't use his effect to special summon more targets for his negate effect but he can send; Gameciel, Gunde and Barrier Statue Torrent. When Toadally Awesome is sent to the grave he can add 1 water monster from the grave to the hand, this can be used to recycle extra deck monsters and Teus as it cannot be searched by any of our cards but Mermail Abyssalacia. I run 2 copies as 1 can be summoned by Bahamut Shark and 1 can be summoned by Swap Frog and Ronintoadin.
- Marincess Marbled Rock. - This card can be used with the 4 side deck Marincess cards to make a 4500 atk unaffected card. Which is fun! Based on the main deck however Marbled Rock is used for recursion of Coral Anemone and is part of the "Marincess Loop".
- Marincess Coral Anemone. - 1 of the better link monsters in the extra deck with a recursion that special summons any 21/33 of the monsters in the deck including Barrier Statue Torrent for the Lock of your opponents special summon. This card is also able to recycle Marincess Marbled Rock for the "Marincess Loop".
- Mermail Abyssalacia. - Link-2 that searches any Mermail monster from deck by sending (for cost) a water monsterfrom hand to grave. This cards second effect sends (for cost) a water monster from deck to special summon a water monster from grave. Usually used to special summon Teus, White Aura Whale or any other heavy hitters.
- Crystron Halqifibrax. - Starts the synchro plays and can be summoned multiple ways usually via (Diva + Neptabyss) or (Neptabyss + Lappis). Halq can be used to counter Mystic Mine with a side in of T.G. Wonder Magician by chaining Halq's banish effect.
- Linkross. - This card has 1 singular use and that is to be used as banish materials for Trishula, Dragon Of Icy Imprisonment.
- Marincess Sea Horse. - Used as an extender and as a secondary target for Marincess Marbled Rocks recycle effect. This cards is part of the "Unaffected Rock" combo.
- Marincess Battle Ocean. - This card gives Marbled Rock its bonus to its attack and make it unaffected in the combo.
- Marincess Sea Angel. - part of the "unaffected Rock" combo
- Marincess Crystal Heart. - part of the "unaffected Rock" combo
- Ghost Sister & Spooky Dogwood. - This card is only used against decks that special summon and only in the 3rd round and only in timed matches. so that you can win by life points at time. Its a very cheeky way of winning but its funny.
- T.G. Wonder Magician. - Sided in against mystic mine as a counter to the field spell.
- Dark Ruler No More. - sided against strong board makers so you can make a field of your own to destroy theirs paired with gameciels its 6 ways to get rid of their field.
- Cosmic Cyclone. - side in against spell and trap decks / fluffals
Anything you think needs changing about the deck comment I will be looking at comments and testing things constantly.