|Deck Type:||Meta Decks|
|Deck Master:||Aromaseraphy Sweet Marjoram|
|Submission Date:||September 27th 2020|
|Last Updated:||October 21st 2020|
|YGOPRODeck File Download|
|High Quality Decks|
This deck is for those who want to try out not the fun casual way these plant waifus was designed for but the more competitive way as a rogue deck for... maybe a chance to somewhat compete against metas. If you've never played Aromage before, I recommend trying the pure & casual version first so you can have a better look at the idea of how this plant archetype works. Also, just a quick reminder that this is a combo deck so you'll be seeing the same combo over & over again.
Strategy & Main Combo:
This deck focuses around 1 main combo which will end on a board with Crystron Halqifibrax + Aromaseraphy Sweet Marjoram + Blessed Winds... and maybe a Rose Girl added back to the hand as a bonus, why not? You can simply use Blessed Winds to gain LP and pop with Aromaseraphy Sweet Marjoram. Crystron Halqifibrax can be used to accel synchro summon with Aromaseraphy Sweet Marjoram during your opponent's turn: Formula Synchron into Borreload Savage Dragon for negate or Shooting Riser Dragon into either Satellite Warrior for a double pop or Crystron Phoenix to deal with a heavy backrow. Also, it is so easy to OTK with this deck thanks to the swarming ability of plant monsters and all the good synchro beatsticks got enough atk for an easy Borrelsword Dragon OTK.
The main way to open your combo is to bring out 2 plants to make Aromaseraphy Jasmine and another monster for the tribute of it's effect. There're multiple ways & cards combinations in this deck that can accomplish this:
- Predaplant Ophrys Scorpio + 1 monster: Predaplant Ophrys Scorpio send 1 monster from the hand to the GY → ss Predaplant Darlingtonia Cobra → add Instant Fusion → ss Aromaseraphy Jasmine & Thousand-eyes Restrict. If you also have a LP gainer like Aroma Gardening you can use it to trigger Aromaseraphy Jasmine's effect & get a search.
- Evil Thorn + Aromage Laurel: Evil Thorn burn for 300 & ss 2 other copies → ss Aromage Laurel → ss Aromaseraphy Jasmine using Aromage Laurel & 1 copy of Evil Thorn → gain LP & get a search.
- Evil Thorn + LP gainer: Evil Thorn burn for 300 & ss 2 other copies → ss Aromaseraphy Jasmine & use LP gainer → search Aromage Laurel & ss it.
- Evil Thorn + Super Solar Nutrient: Evil Thorn burn for 300 & ss 2 other copies → Super Solar Nutrient 1 Evil Thorn into Aromage Laurel → ss Aromaseraphy Jasmine & gain LP → search another Aromage Laurel & ss it.
- Aromage Jasmine + LP gainer: If you happen to not open with any of the previous combos, you may have to try your luck on that Aromage Jasmine's draw and hope for another extender. However, If you've already opened with one, this is a good way to start off your combos for that extra plus.
There're still many ways to open the combo depending on your opening hand that I can't list all of them here but you'll eventually find the way playing the deck. Now to the main combo:
Aromaseraphy Jasmine tribute 1 monster to ss Lonefire Blossom → Lonefire Blossom tribute Aromaseraphy Jasmine to ss Spore → Spore link into Linkuriboh → ss Spore using it's effect → make Crystron Halqifibrax with Spore & Linkuriboh → Crystron Halqifibrax ss Rose Girl → make Aromaseraphy Sweet Marjoram with Rose Girl & Lonefire Blossom → search Blessed Winds → add back Rose Girl to the hand with it's effect.
Decklist & Ratios:
- The main deck is 48 cards because there are lots of bricks for the combos so I increased both the amount of starters and staples to reduce the chance of drawing into multiple bricks.
- This deck runs quite a lot of staples like handtraps compare to it's casual version because it usually takes you only 2-3 cards to get the combo going while there're not that many extenders available for plant archetypes and the only good ones I can think of are One for One & Monster Reborn. Playing 1/3 of the deck as starters and 1/4 as staples works well for me as I got the best hands with this ratio.
- The Called by the Grave hit definitely hurted the deck since it's a rogue combo deck, thankfully Psy-framegear Gamma still gives the deck some help protecting Lonefire Blossom, Super Solar Nutrient, Evil Thorn & One for One from getting handtrap. However, I personally don't like running Triple Tactics Talent as a replacement for Called by the Grave because, as I mentioned, the deck doesn't have that many good extenders to draw into after getting handtrap.
- 2 copies of Predaplant Darlingtonia Cobra instead of 1 because the Predaplant combo is quite important due to how much consistency it gives the deck. You'll still have about 10% chance of drawing into it if playing only at 1 copy in a 48 cards deck, but approximately 1% chance of drawing all copies of it if playing at 2 (Yes, I unironically did the math on yugioh.party).
- There are multiple lv3 to send with Shooting Riser Dragon for making Satellite Warrior, but the only lv4 for making Crystron Phoenix I play is World Carrotweight Champion. It's a plant with good stats so in case of drawing it, you can try to send it to the GY and shuffle it back with Blessed Winds if needed for the effect of Shooting Riser Dragon. It also has a useful effect for spamming the field that works really well with Rose Girl since you can send Rose Girl to ss it then add Rose Girl back every turn. Otherwise there're not many lv4 I want to run in this deck.
- Casual Aromage builds usually run more LP gainers but in this build I only run 5 since my strategy doesn't rely that much on them thanks to the Predaplant engine and I don't like drawing too many of them. Aromages don't have a good way to protect their backrows so relying too much on them would be a big weakness in this format which spell/trap removals are very commonly seen. Also, I only run the ones that let me decide when to gain LP so my Aromages ain't triggered accidentally.
- 3x Aroma Gardening because it's the best one for my strategy I believe. It can be used in either player's turn, works really well with Blessed Winds's revival effect and has an extra defensive effect. Although it's only once per turn so drawing too many copies might be a bad thing but I think it's worth to increase the chance of having it.
- Aroma Garden is more important in casual builds since the atk/def boost definitely helps a lot to prevent Aromaseraphy Jasmine from being destroyed... but not that much in this build which doesn't end with Aromaseraphy Jasmine so I only run 1.
- 2x Blessed Winds so if the first one get blowed away (which happens a lot when I try playing against metas), I can try to make a 2nd Aromaseraphy Sweet Marjoram to search the other one since Blessed Winds helps out a lot during grind games. You can also run the other Aroma traps (Humid Winds & Dried Winds), I just don't like playing too many backrows.
- 2 spell/trap removals because this deck still struggles against backrows when going 2nd, especially floodgates.
- 2 targets for Predaplant Darlingtonia Cobra to search so it's easier to go +1 and Super Polymerization is a very good one in this format.
- It's really up to you to choose Instant Fusion's target, I personally like Thousand-eyes Restrict as a good way to deal with monsters that cannot be destroyed and it helps opening for an OTK too. You can also use Mudragon of the Swamp as a 2nd Super Polymerization's target or Sea Monster of Theseus as a good lv5 tuner,...
- You must have noticed that Predaplant Verte Anaconda but without the Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon engine, the deck can definitely run it well like most other rogue decks if you'd like to. It's just me, I've already run 48 cards to avoid bricks and I don't like any extra bricks. I run Super Polymerization though and it works really well with Predaplant Verte Anaconda too thanks to it's effect. It's also a good way to link non-plant monsters into a plant one to make Aromaseraphy Jasmine or to be sent to the GY with Blessed Winds as a way to play around Mystic Mine.
Side Deck & Tech Options:
Giving the opponent LP advantage would be a big risk in this deck as it could potentially prevent Aromage Jasmine, Aromage Laurel & Aromaseraphy Angelica's effects which are very important. That's why I'll be avoiding cards like Cosmic Cyclone, Red Reboot, Solemn Judgment,... despite how good they are. Here are what I'm currently using:
- 1x Dinowrestler Pankratops: good for going 2nd, can definitely help for a Borrelsword Dragon OTK.
- 3x Nibiru, the Primal Being: good against most combo decks. If used successfully, it can help setting up an easy Borrelsword Dragon OTK so make sure to think about summoning the token in atk position if you see the opportunity. It can also be tributed for Aromaseraphy Jasmine's effect if necessary.
- 3x Droll & Lock Bird: good against a lot of current top tiers like Dragon Link, Invoked, Dino,... I'm mainly aiming for Dragon Link however since that deck is a pain for this deck to deal with, also I'm using Forbidden Droplet instead of Dark Ruler No More so it's gonna be hard to get through Herald of the Arc Light.
- 3x Forbidden Droplet: good against multiple negates and monsters that cant be targeted like Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon or Mekk-Knight Crusadia Avramax,... which the deck definitely struggles to deal with. Running Dark Ruler No More may not be a good idea in this deck as you won't be able to use Evil Thorn's effect afterward.
- 2x Lightning Storm: good against backrows.
- 3x Evenly Matched: also good against backrows, the main deck is 48 cards so it's harder to get access to backrow removals than usual. It can deal with Secret Village of the Spellcasters or some other heavily set up boards too.
Side cards are totally optional and there're still a lot other good options in this format that can definitely work well with this deck you can try out like Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit, Artifact Lancea,... Also, there're not many floodgates I could think of that would work well with this deck.
YES, the deck can definitely run Mystic Mine pretty well not only to annoy other rogue players who thought their decks could even be able to play competitively, just like you, but also to insanely increase the level of interaction of the game, which is great. You know what, let's freaking pump up even more copies of Cauldron of the Old Man to furthermore increase the suffering as if the deck wasn't fun enough.
Some Notes & Tips:
- If you're using Artifact Lancea, just keep in mind that it could also prevent Crystron Halqifibrax & Crystron Phoenix from using their effects during your opponent's turn so use it carefully.
- If you're using Crystron Halqifibrax for Formula Synchron you may want to try not to chain it to something else so the draw effect doesn't miss timing.
- You can only accel synchro summon during the main phase so if your opponent tries to go to the battle phase for an Evenly Matched make sure to get your Borreload Savage Dragon at the end of their main phase 1. It's also best to use Crystron Phoenix at the end of main phase after your opponent has finished setting up their backrows.
- Successfully Psy-Framegear Gamma a handtrap while doing your combo and you can make Borreload Savage Dragon after Aromaseraphy Jasmine is tributed for an extra negate.
- You can use Blessed Winds to shuffle Predaplant Darlingtonia Cobra back if you need to re-use the Predaplant engine.
- Only banish plant monsters that won't have potential uses with Spore since there won't likely be a way to bring them back so be sure to avoid Aromage monsters, Predaplant Darlingtonia Cobra,...
- Cauldron of the Old Man doesn't require an Aromage monster to be used so Aromage Laurel can then be ss to link with another random plant monster into Aromaseraphy Jasmine, gain LP & search Aromaseraphy Angelica to go full combo.
- Try to have another way of gaining LP during your opponent's turn like Aroma Gardening or search Aromaseraphy Angelica with Aromaseraphy Jasmine so you can save Blessed Winds for the revival effect.
- Try to have both Aromage Laurel & Linkuriboh in the GY so that instead of simply using Blessed Winds's 2nd effect to gain LP, you can use the revival effect to bring back Aromage Laurel and tribute it with Linkuriboh's quick effect. That way you'll both gain LP to trigger Aromaseraphy Sweet Marjoram to pop and get an extra battle protection. This is also a good thing to do when Blessed Winds get blowed away as you can still decide when to pop with Aromaseraphy Sweet Marjoram.
- Put Aromaseraphy Sweet Marjoram in def position to avoid Lightning Storm, Crystron Halqifibrax can tag out for a synchro tuner in def position too so your opponent will likely have to choose your backrows.
- If Shooting Riser Dragon's level change effect got handtrap, you can still use the Aromage Laurel summoned back with Blessed Winds to make Borreload Savage Dragon, then gain LP & pop with Aromaseraphy Sweet Marjoram.
- If you open with Rose Girl and have to use 1 of her effects in order to do the combo, it's ok since Crystron Halqifibrax can also ss Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring as a lv3 tuner instead.
- If you open with Spore, you'll have to try to send it to the GY with cards like Predaplant Ophrys Scorpio or Super Solar Nutrient then ss any lv1 like Aromage Laurel or Aromaseraphy Angelica when tributing Aromaseraphy Jasmine with Lonefire Blossom's effect to make Linkuriboh for the standard combo. If you still can't get access to Spore's effect however, you may have to ss Rose Girl when tributing Aromaseraphy Jasmine with Lonefire Blossom to make Aromaseraphy Sweet Marjoram and end without Crystron Halqifibrax.
- If you get Mystic Mined after setting up your standard board... there's not much you can do to prevent Mystic Mine from resolving beside Twin Twisters sadly. But there's still this thing you can do to get rid of it, just link Crystron Halqifibrax & Aromaseraphy Sweet Marjoram into Predaplant Verte Anaconda and send it to the GY during your opponent's next end phase with Blessed Winds so you don't have any monster left. Then you can try to play Aromaseraphy Sweet Marjoram beatdown so you can send her to the GY anytime with Blessed Winds in case they got another Mystic Mine. Also, Predaplant Verte Anaconda can be shuffled back with Blessed Winds too if you need to get rid of non-plants. If they also got Field Barrier however, you may need backrow removals for that. Also, that Cauldron of the Old Man may comes in handy for these situations if you know what I mean.
- This is obvious but, you can change 1 of your opponent's monster into a dark with Predaplant Verte Anaconda to use Super Polymerization even if they don't have any dark. It's just another way to deal with monsters that cannot be destroyed.
- This deck doesn't do that good as it looks during grind game against heavy control decks, so try to go for a quick Borrelsword Dragon OTK if you can (at least that's how I stole most the games against metas).
There're also a couple ways to bait or play through a certain handtraps (even Nibiru) I've found but they're very situational & depended on opening hand so you'll have to find out for yourself. I think that's been a bit too much it feels like I'm teaching you how to play the game or something so I'm just gonna end it up here. This is my most favorite deck and I hope you'll also enjoy it like I do.
Credit to T__J_91 - a random youtube channel I've found - for the idea! You can check out his/her channel for more Aroma builds.