Table of Contents
If you are new to Yu-Gi-Oh! then here are some useful resources and guides to help you out:
- Official Konami (OCG) How to Play Guide
- Official Konami (TCG) First Duel Guide
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Official Rulebook
Useful Resources and Guides
- Returning to Yu-Gi-Oh! What Has Changed? – By Danwolf
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Subreddit
- Yu-Gi-Oh! 101 Subreddit
- Link Summon Format Explained – June 2017
Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Database
YGOPRODeck has a Card Database which receives frequent updates. Simply search for a card to receive all the information you need about it. We also have a complete card viewer under the database that lets you filter cards.
Yu-Gi-Oh! History of the Meta
YGOPRODeck article writer meepmoto27 has written an excellent and extensive series about the history of the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG meta. This will give you a knowledge of how Yu-Gi-Oh! evolved in the competitive scene.
Speed Duel Format
Yu-Gi-Oh! has a Speed Duel format (based off the Duel Links video game) that released in 2019. Speed Dueling is a good way to learn the game as it’s a “cut-down” version of the full Yu-Gi-Oh! experience.
Here are the general features:
- Speed Dueling is a specialised version of the Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME.
- Speed Dueling features 4 basic card types: Monster Cards, Spell Cards, Trap Cards and Skill Cards.
- The goal is to Summon powerful monsters, power them up with Spell or Trap Cards, and battle your opponent.
- Skill Cards let you become your favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! character, and give you special abilities to use in your Duels!
- Both players start with 4,000 Life Points. Reduce your opponent’s Life Points to 0 to win the Duel!
We also host Speed Duel decks which can be found here. Here is an example Speed Duel deck:
YGOPRODeck has a host of easy-to-use decks available for players to use. You can attempt to create your own deck if you wish using our online deck builder! You can also price the deck and easily purchase it at the click of a button.