|Deck Type:||Non-Meta Decks|
|Deck Master:||Scrap Raptor|
|Submission Date:||June 15th 2021|
|Last Updated:||June 27th 2021|
|YGOPRODeck File Download|
This new version of the Scrap Engine can be played in virtually every single deck in the game, should they be able to fit it in as well. This engine essentially serves as a much stronger version of the infamous Buster Lock when Union Carrier was legal, due to how removing Artifact Scythe from the field doesn't stop the effect either, and all that's needed is Scrap Raptor to be available in the hand, which you essentially can run 9 copies of, due to Fossil Dig and Scrapyard both being unlimited.
How does it work?:
No Scrapyard in hand (Requires any card that can be set in the S/T zone):
- Normal Summon Scrap Raptor
- Eff to destroy itself, search Scrap Chimera
- Normal Summon Chimera to revive Scrap Raptor, then link into Scrap Wyvern and set 1 spell/trap of your choice (Sanctum listed for this but any will do)
- Wyvern effect to Revive and Destroy either Raptor or Chimera, then summon Golem from the deck and destroy set spell/trap afterwards.
- Golem effect to revive Scrap Raptor, then link summon Halqifibrax using Wyvern and Raptor, then summon Red Rose Dragon from the hand or deck.
- Use Red Rose Dragon to Synchro Summon Borreload Savage Dragon using Scrap Golem, then Chainblock Red Rose Dragon's effect with Borreload Savage to equip Scrap Wyvern to Savage, then summon Roxrose Dragon from the hand or deck
- Search Basal Rose Shoot off of Roxrose's effect and use it to revive Red Rose Dragon, then link the Rose Dragons off for Artifact Dagda.
- On the Opponent's Main Phase, Use Halqifibrax's effect to tag out into T.G. Wonder Magician, chain Artifact Dagda to set Scythe directly from the deck.
- Destroy Artifact Scythe with T.G. Wonder Magician, then when Scythe activates its effect after being summoned from the GY, Quick Synchro it away with T.G. Wonder Magician into any Level 10 generic Synchro to chainblock the effect.
- Opponent is locked out of the ED and has to deal with at least 1 Omni-Negate.
With Scrapyard in hand.
- Activate Scrapyard in the Field Zone, then normal summon Scrap Raptor
- Activate Scrap Raptor to destroy itself and add Chimera to the hand. Chainblock with Scrapyard to summon Golem #1 from the deck.
- Normal Summon Chimera to revive Scrap Raptor, then link summon Scrap Wyvern using Raptor and Chimera.
- Activate Wyvern's effect to revive and destroy either Raptor or Chimera, then summon Golem #2 from the deck and destroy Scrapyard.
- Use Golem #1's effect to revive Scrap Raptor, then link summon Halqifibrax with Scrap Wyvern and Raptor and summon Red Rose Dragon from the hand or deck.
- Use Red Rose Dragon and Golem #1 to Synchro Summon Borreload Savage Dragon, and use Savage to Chainblock Red Rose Dragon's effect to equip Scrap Wyvern to Savage, then Summon Roxrose from the deck.
- Search Basal Rose Shoot off of Roxrose Dragon, then revive Scrap Raptor using Golem #2.
- Synchro Golem #2 and Rozrose to summon any level 8 Generic Synchro monster such as Psy-Framelord Omega (in case you want a hand rip for example)
- Revive Red Rose Dragon with Basal Rose Dragon, then Link Red Rose and Scraptor off for Artifact Scythe
- Repeat steps 8-10 as if no Scrap Factory. Opponent has to deal with something extra on top of the ED lockout and Omni-Negate
While sure this is vulnerable to hand traps, you can bait Ash Blossom with Scrapyard or Fossil Dig, and keep in mind that Ib, the World Chalice Justiciar with Guardragons was the exact same way as a hand trap bait chokepoint and she's still considered way too strong for the game to this very day.
Every single deck in the entire game, provided they can make the space for an engine like this (which isn't too hard for most given how little it takes up for much of them), can play this engine and have a strong Extra Deck lockout. That is what Scrap Raptor ultimately provides.
Side Deck Options:
- Artifact Lancea - Although already a popular hand trap as of writing this, this also works in tandem with allowing Artifact Dagda to chainblock on either turn.
- Plaguespreader Zombie - Should you wish to use a level 7 synchro or go into more Link monsters, this is one of the best options currently, due to Jet Synchron, O-lion, and Glow-up Bulb are still banned.
- F.A. Dawn Dragster - If using Plaguespreader Zombie, this is an amazing Negate to go into.
- Void Ogre Dragon - If you're confident you can empty your hand completely, then the Rose Dragons allow for this free backrow negate to be made.
- Gottoms - You can use this engine for a 2-card hand rip if going 1st, although this is not as good as setting up negates for the most part.
|Toggle Deck List|
|Monster||Scrap Golem x2Artifact Scythe x1Scrap Chimera x1Scrap Raptor x3Roxrose Dragon x1Red Rose Dragon x1|
|Spells||Scrapyard x3Fossil Dig x3Terraforming x1Called by the Grave x1Basal Rose Shoot x1Scrap Factory x2|
|Traps||Artifact Sanctum x3|
|Extra||Ruddy Rose Dragon x1Borreload Savage Dragon x1PSY-Framelord Omega x1T.G. Wonder Magician x1Scrap Wyvern x1Artifact Dagda x1Crystron Halqifibrax x1|
|Side||Artifact Lancea x1Plaguespreader Zombie x1XX-Saber Gottoms x1F.A. Dawn Dragster x1Void Ogre Dragon x1|
|Id||#created by Dorian x1|