Points system feedback

Forums Website Feedback Points system feedback

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Sun Tzu Sun Tzu 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    stormesp
    stormesp
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

I posted about this in reddit, but i suppose posting it here will be better.

I was reading the points system again and i saw that you get points by liking decks, posting a comment in them but not for uploading decks!
    And in a web about decks, apporting decks to the web should be thing that gives you the most points.
    Maybe behind the donations, because i understand that’s important, but more than liking a deck or leaving a comment on them.

Yugioh Blog: https://storm-tcg.blogspot.com/
    Yugioh Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/stormmario/videos

YGOPRODeck
    YGOPRODeck
    Site Admin
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 40

You do raise some good points. It may be hard to do it automatically as both logged out/logged in users can submit a deck.

It’s possible I can award points only to those who fully over deck strategies/combo sections on their deck and write a nice detailed explanation.

Let me look into it. I think it may be worth award points for that.

Yes, my favorite card is The Legendary Fisherman III

stormesp
    stormesp
    Participant

Well an option would be to give points only to those that submit a decklist and are registered.
    P.S. cool redesign on the main page! I would only change it so it also shows the last three decks and not only the last one.

stormesp
    stormesp
    Participant

Also, you should do something about people farming points leaving stupid comments on decks. Like the man with the most points, if you see his comments on a lot of decks they are obviusly farming. As i said, the points system should be based on contributing to the web with decklists and articles not for posting one line comments.

YGOPRODeck
    YGOPRODeck
    Site Admin

Also, you should do something about people farming points leaving stupid comments on decks. Like the man with the most points, if you see his comments on a lot of decks they are obviusly farming. As i said, the points system should be based on contributing to the web with decklists and articles not for posting one line comments.

Users have already had points deducted for it. Some users have had 90 points deducted for jumping from 0 to well over 100 in one day.

Accounts get monitored and if they are seen to be spamming they eventually get a points deduction.

Mister Hungry
    Mister Hungry
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

Any updates on whether or not this could be included? I think it would really incentivize people to post more and thus grow the site

It could work where points are rewarded to the name given for the deck author (if an account exists); that way, users could still get points even if they weren’t logged in at the time. It’d probably have a cap of 1-3 a day.

I personally don’t know too much about programming, so I don’t know whether it would be automatic or manually awarded. Might be worth making it manual so that the quality of the articles can be judged individually.

YGOPRODeck
    YGOPRODeck
    Site Admin

Any updates on whether or not this could be included? I think it would really incentivize people to post more and thus grow the site

It could work where points are rewarded to the name given for the deck author (if an account exists); that way, users could still get points even if they weren’t logged in at the time. It’d probably have a cap of 1-3 a day.

I personally don’t know too much about programming, so I don’t know whether it would be automatic or manually awarded. Might be worth making it manual so that the quality of the articles can be judged individually.

Hmm alright this is possible. Points could be awarded for submitting a deck but it would have to be manually award which is doable.

Automatic won’t work due to the way the decks are posted and also because a lot of people either use different names, no name or a friends name when uploading decks.
    I also wouldn’t be able to retrospectively award points for all previously submitted decks, only future ones once something like this is implemented.

What do you guys think about this? Might also be a good idea to award a different amounts of points depending on the quanity of text provided with the deck.

Sun Tzu
    Sun Tzu
    Participant
    Topics: 1

I think that it’s a great idea to award points for decks. This makes it so that those who take the effort to make decks and post them will receive compensation for posting decks here outside of just the likes. This can, in a way, give an incentive for the deck makers to do more as more YGOD points means that they are more likely to be eligible for giveaways.

I agree that you should make the points be awarded based off of effort. I would think that you should give from 1-5 points based off of the content in their strategy and combo section. The only thing to take into consideration is that it should be possible that if they have put an immense amount of effort into writing the strategy and don’t have anything for combos, the person can still get the same number of points as someone who wrote less but included combos.

As to how many times per day, I would say 1. Due to your schedule, it may be hard to upload more than 1 deck on a given day so I think a safety net would be 1/day.

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest way to victory.

Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."

- Sun Tzu

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

YGOPRODeck

57 User(s) Online Join Server