Blue Eyes Discussion

Forums Deck Discussion Meta Deck Discussion Blue Eyes Discussion

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Callum Todd 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

JUju
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hello, today i wanna present you a discussion on the current state of Blue Eyes in the TCG.
    First off here is my current Deck list which I will reference alot in this post (to be changed in the Future)

Blue Eyes Deck v1.2

Down below i will explain card choices, card ratios and matchups

Monsters:
    “Blue Eyes White Dragon”, many consider this as a mandatory 3-of, i don’t actually think so. 2 would be enough in a deck that doesnt play “Pot of Cupidity”, since we play that as a 3-of aswell and the deck doesn’t work well without a vanilla in the deck you need to bump the ratio up to 3 in fear of getting all of your copies Banished.

“Blue Eyes Alternative Dragon”, another mandatory 3-of and main playmaker of the deck, the summon once per turn clause slows the deck down alot and it can clog up the hand as a 3-of but is still needed as such since “Pot of Cupididty” is a thing.

“Dragon Spirit of White”, 2-of as it bricks in hand and you only ever wanna send it to grave with “Dragon Shrine”, “The Melody of the Awakening Dragon” and “Trade In”

“The White Stone of Ancients”, 3-of Really useless on field besides being a Tuner but amazing when you send it to grave, can be searched by “Sage with Eyes of Blue” a lot of bad hands get saved by sending this guy to grave.

“The White Stone of Legend”, 1-of only here to be searched of Sage and then discarded with and Discard Spell for a sweet +1 (Yes in form of Adding a “Blue Eyes White Dragon”)

“Sage With Eyes of Blue”, 3-of he is the normal summon of the deck, adds discard fodder or a “Effect Veiler” to our hand.

“Maxx “C””, 3-of, stops enemy plays as we wanna go second most of the time or gives us enormous hand advantage going into our turn.

“Effect Veiler”, 1-of, searchable and good card in the format. Stops Monarchs.

Spells:

“Upstart Goblin” at 1, playing a 39 card deck is nice

“Pot of Desires”, 3-of, Banish 10 often doesn’t matter because most of the cards are 3-of’s anyway, here is some Math on that

“Return of the Dragon Lords”, 3-of, Monster Reborn of the Deck and included Protection effect, we play a low monster count so we need to get them back (Can’t revive Blue Eyes Alternative Dragon though)

“Silver’s Cry”, 2-of, whilst being a quickspell it isn’T as good as Return, because the only monster you wanna bring back on your opponents turn is “Dragon Spirit of White”.

“Trade In”, 3-of, 8 Targets that are highly searchable whilst getting a Blue Eyes into the Grave for +0, thats very advantageous for a deck like this.

“Cards of Consonance”, 3-of, Only 4 Targets, but those are also searchable by other cards in the deck, so this card is rarely dead.

“The Melody of Awakening Dragon”, 3-of, Searches Alternative + Vanilla Blue Eyes, while Discarding preferably a Stone or another Blue Eyes.

“Dragon Shrine”, 2-of, Sending Dragon Spirit And a Stone to grave gives alot of advantage, OPT- Clause doesn’t make it a 3-of.

“Soul Charge”, @1, Busted Card, makes great recovery plays or unbreakable boards.

Extra Deck:

2x Blue Eyes Spirit Dragon
    2x Azure-Eyes Silver Dragon
    1x Stardust Spark Dragon
    1x Black Rose Moonlight Dragon
    1x Michael, the Arch-Lightsworn
    1x Giganticastle
    1x Number 62: Galaxy-Eyes Prime Photon Dragon
    1x Galaxy-Eyes Full Armor Photon Dragon
    1x Number 95: Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon
    1x Number 46: Dragulon
    1x Number 38: Hope Harbinger Dragon Titanic Galaxy
    1x Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis
    1x Alsei, The Sylvan High Protector

1 user thanked author for this post.

raffa50
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

I still prefer my version, but maybe there is some cool card in your extra that I should put 😛

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Danwolf
    Danwolf
    Participant
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 8

I quite prefer the BF engine with BE at the moment. Just increases the ceiling of the deck a lot more ob T1 and gives you a more accessible way to get out Crystal Wing

wZimsky
    wZimsky
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

You can revive Alternative with Return of the Dragon Lords if Alternative was successfully summoned with its own effect first.

Callum Todd
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Hi I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for a BEWD build.

Im just coming back to the game after a few years out and want to build a somewhat competitive BEWD deck but on a budget.

I cant afford alternative, sage along with expensive spells/traps e.g. desires.

$5 cards (give or take) at three are my limit expense wise.

THANKS 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

YGOPRODeck

69 User(s) Online Join Server