Discuss Yu-Gi-Oh! decks here including deck building strategies.
By ogrowan
I like this! Stays true to the archetype and you could steal a few games at locals while still having fun. My only question is, do you think it'd be more advantageous to remove Uria and Dimension Fusion Destruction and add maybe an extra handtrap or something?
By PinkZoneAmy
This is a pretty pog deck, the only things i'm not a huge fan of are the ratios. If I do try this out IRL, i'll probably cut some cards to run more cards at 3.
By ElReyFuego
Hello all! Thank you for your feedback. The deck is in a constant state of modification at this point, as it is a goal of mine to make this at least a somewhat competitive deck. It could never top worlds, but being able to overcome it's glaring weakness (Altergeists and Paleozoic Frogs, argh) would be amazingly satisfying. I've been experimenting around with Allure of Darkness and Dimensional Barrier, and I've had good results with Allure. Dimensional hasn't been relevant yet, but I also haven't come up against a deck that would've been crippled by it before I had it in my hand/realistic chance to activate it. Will report back if I see some real data on that.
ogrowan wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:34 pm
I like this! Stays true to the archetype and you could steal a few games at locals while still having fun. My only question is, do you think it'd be more advantageous to remove Uria and Dimension Fusion Destruction and add maybe an extra handtrap or something?
I'm definitely open to suggestions. This deck is fun, but it lacks consistency. Plus, there's not much to really protect you from disruption if that Chaos Beast gets negated or you don't draw any Raviel support. :( I did mess around with adding Dimensional Barrier to counter Extra Decks, though. Mostly, I like the Dimension Fusion Destruction as a final resort. It's rarely a game changer, but I've won a few games after my opponent broke my board with Trilojig. That burn damage can be a clutch win. I have been running this deck to death on Dueling Nexus so I'm listening to your ideas. It'd be really nice to see this deck fight a control deck successfully, though I haven't figured out how yet. The tricky part is I don't use cards in my YDKs that I can't afford or don't own IRL, so no Infinite Impermanence at three for me for now :) But Uria is usually a liability, and it's really only there for Armityle if needed. I've experimented with removing it entirely, though I'm not sure how I feel about it. Uria's a little dated with popping a facedown trap for free, after all, but he did secure a win for me one time.
PinkZoneAmy wrote:This is a pretty pog deck, the only things i'm not a huge fan of are the ratios. If I do try this out IRL, i'll probably cut some cards to run more cards at 3.
That certainly couldn't hurt. What would you suggest? I'd be happy to give it a test run on Dueling Nexus. At the end of the day, an enjoyable and easily playable deck with a reasonable chance of winning is all that matters. I often make decks for the sake of teaching others to play Yu-Gi-Oh while still being able to hold their own at locals, and this started as a happy accident. Ironically, I was working on a Frog Paleozoic deck myself before I found out about Australia!
By PinkZoneAmy
Well, side deck Feather Duster, don't main deck it. I reccomend siding Twin Twisters as well, as spell/trap removal isn't always neccesary enough to dictate main deck slots. And then i'd cut Mound of the bound creator, set rotation, Awakening, Mothman, and Called By. To replace them, I'd run more copies of Interrupted Slumber (board breaking and a Fiend on field), 3 Danger! Chupacabra instead of Mothman (it's a Fiend so it works much better), 2 more Desires (you either want to see it or you don't), and 1 more Fallen Paradise. Also, maybe 1 more Spirit gates, although i'm not sure on that one. Also, a tech idea i thought of is Extrav instead of Desires. You're rarely using your extra deck, so Extrav might be helpful.
By Toon Lord
run 3 spirit gates
By ogrowan
W
ElReyFuego wrote:Hello all! Thank you for your feedback. The deck is in a constant state of modification at this point, as it is a goal of mine to make this at least a somewhat competitive deck. It could never top worlds, but being able to overcome it's glaring weakness (Altergeists and Paleozoic Frogs, argh) would be amazingly satisfying. I've been experimenting around with Allure of Darkness and Dimensional Barrier, and I've had good results with Allure. Dimensional hasn't been relevant yet, but I also haven't come up against a deck that would've been crippled by it before I had it in my hand/realistic chance to activate it. Will report back if I see some real data on that.
ogrowan wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:34 pm
I'm definitely open to suggestions. This deck is fun, but it lacks consistency. Plus, there's not much to really protect you from disruption if that Chaos Beast gets negated or you don't draw any Raviel support. :( I did mess around with adding Dimensional Barrier to counter Extra Decks, though. Mostly, I like the Dimension Fusion Destruction as a final resort. It's rarely a game changer, but I've won a few games after my opponent broke my board with Trilojig. That burn damage can be a clutch win. I have been running this deck to death on Dueling Nexus so I'm listening to your ideas. It'd be really nice to see this deck fight a control deck successfully, though I haven't figured out how yet. The tricky part is I don't use cards in my YDKs that I can't afford or don't own IRL, so no Infinite Impermanence at three for me for now :) But Uria is usually a liability, and it's really only there for Armityle if needed. I've experimented with removing it entirely, though I'm not sure how I feel about it. Uria's a little dated with popping a facedown trap for free, after all, but he did secure a win for me one time.
PinkZoneAmy wrote:This is a pretty pog deck, the only things i'm not a huge fan of are the ratios. If I do try this out IRL, i'll probably cut some cards to run more cards at 3.
That certainly couldn't hurt. What would you suggest? I'd be happy to give it a test run on Dueling Nexus. At the end of the day, an enjoyable and easily playable deck with a reasonable chance of winning is all that matters. I often make decks for the sake of teaching others to play Yu-Gi-Oh while still being able to hold their own at locals, and this started as a happy accident. Ironically, I was working on a Frog Paleozoic deck myself before I found out about Australia!
ith the amount of dark types I think running Allure might be a bit more advantageous over Desires. And I see you're trying to keep it budget, but if you remove Uria/Dimension Fusion and maybe one of the Dangers, would adding a Dragoon engine benefit this deck? I'm new to the game and unsure how well this would actually work out, but it's just a thought.

Also, I've been toying around with running a Called By and also a Saurvaris to fight against Effect Veiler and it's had some success. I really do think that if Called By was still at 3 then this deck would have quite a bit of issues resolved lol. Dimensional Barrier is a really cool idea though, I may give that a shot or at least side it and use it depending on the matchup.
By PinkZoneAmy
Ew no, don't do a Dragoon engine, Dragoon is toxic. Also Called By is worthless at 1 because of how inconstistent it is so you might as well cut it
Normal

The following is a small excerpt of deck/article.[…]

Kararkuri

Madolche

Blackwing Deck 2021

Nvm I got it