Discuss Yu-Gi-Oh! decks here including deck building strategies.
By MPReviews
I also love the good old days of Final Countdown FTK, Chainburn and Shooting Quazar Spam. One of the most healthiest format's to this day. Please don't comment on stuff you have no idea about. Also if we use the April 2016 banlist, Zoodiacs - a deck that took up all of the 32 spots in top cut - would be legal. Teledad would be legal. All these tier 0 decks would still be legal. Good cards is a opinionated construct - whats good to you might be bad to me. Point being: there will always be little kids whining over the banlist no matter what they hit - thats just how it goes.
By jobe04051993
I mean how KONAMI banned nearly overpowered cards or limited them to 1. Thats the type of ban list we need. Thats what they did before those cards even got by luckily. Aprils ban list was the most hated list of all time but it was definitely needed in times like these. That's factual.

Limit Cyberse, Orcust, Mines, and etc thats popular in the metagame to only 1. Whatever else is weaker in comparison can be unlimited.
By MPReviews
Omg this is why you don't bring up this topic - because you know nothing about it. Stop using the word meta and acting like you know what that is. Cyberse is NOT meta. Mystic Mine is also NOT meta. There's a reason cards are banned and have - stayed banned. If we unbanned cards in decks that are weaker then the current ones - those decks would become OP again. Also in that banlist konami didnt ban or limit all the overpowered cards - as Final Countdown FTK, Chain Burn, and Shooting Quazar Spam were really broken decks that dominated that format. If you unban zoo monsters because they're not as strong as orcust right now (with their cards banned): they would become the most played deck again and then you'd go onto complain about how meta is bad and that konami should limit all good cards in zoodiac - which would literally reverse the meta making it back to how it is now. If konami instated what you are proposing - the meta would always be the same - Orcust are good, limit orcust and unban zoodiacs. Zoodiacs are good, limit zoodiacs unban orcust. Orcust is good etc. etc. Please do research or think about your arguement from any logical standpoint before putting it forward.
By jobe04051993
Limit them all to 1! Problem solved. Duelist cannot use no more than 1 copy of each (overpowered/metagame deck/cards) which makes it harder to make a metagame play with. Konami did say keep the game fair so it sounds fair to me. Everybody hate 1 copy cards so that would also be legit.
By MPReviews
There's a fine line between trying to make the game fair - and attempting to delete the metagame. All I need was: 'harder to make a metagame' to know that you are still forming your opinions on bias - and secondly enforcing them onto others. Limiting everything to 1 makes burn decks like mystic mine good - and 65% of all other yugioh decks unplayable. People would literally play like they did back in 2001. The reason yugioh is so interesting and unique is the playstyle. If people wanted to play a slow, turn based card game - they'd go over and play MTG or Hearthstone. Yugioh isnt supposed to be set 1 pass - it's magic lies in the fact we CAN make amazing boards and we CAN utilize so many different cards.
By jobe04051993
Overpowered cards does not make amazing boards, second, theres other search/draw options than your meta game vision, third YGO wouldnt be slow if the right overpowered cards were banned or limited to 1. Whats the point of a ban list if overpowered cards are utilized in multiple ways? YGO nearly fell off because of the meta game and its cheap tactics for a win. Its boring/annoying to see a person search through a entire deck within the first turn, you dont think thats overpowered? If YGO was like this all the time, then we might as well not have a ban list. You dont understand the point of a ban list, clearly, and that overpowered cards should always be banned or limited. Players are desperate and it shows by agreeing meta is good for YGO because players cannot come up with any good original combos without powerful cards. Remember... YGO IS ABOUT BALANCE. OH AND BTW every other card game is better than YGO at this point because it sunk so low. Rather the game be slow than a fast pace FTK before my turn starts. Utilize different many cards? How? If that was case, why are cards banned? Konami would simply leave them all off is the point.
By MPReviews
ftk = meta?
searching through your whole deck = meta?
Give me an example where an ftk deck became meta.
'Metagame refers to the Deck(s) in current competitive use that are having the greatest success. Specifically, when players talk about the metagame (or 'meta', for short), they talk about which Deck styles and strategies are the most dominant in their area of play.' Official definition. Find me an FTK deck or a deck that draws all your cards first turn thats currently meta.
Blackwings 2020

The following is a small excerpt of deck/article.[…]

Orcust January 2020

Graydle links