Articles are cross posted here from the main site.
Comments posted under these articles will also appear under them in the main site.
I think this article was the best written summary of the new Blue-Eyes support I’ve read. It avoids the eye-rolling, clickbait hyperbole of a TeamSam video (‘Konami Broke Blue-Eyes!!!!!111’ :roll: ) while taking a much more measured approach than so many seemingly self-hating Blue-Eyes dweebs, for whom no support is ever good enough. Blue-Eyes players have consistently called for an archetype fusion spell and all things considered, Ultimate Fusion is very good. If Konami does the right thing and decides not to ban Verte Anaconda in January 2022, Blue-Eyes Fusion will unquestionably be the archetype’s strongest—and perhaps most consistent—deck build.

All that being said, while I appreciate how these cards attempt to grapple with the inherent problem of a Blue-Eyes deck—namely running 3x absolute bricks in the vanilla BEWD—I have a hard time anticipating how much more consistent they will make the deck. If you run 3x level-8 monsters that ordinarily cannot be normal summoned in a 40-card deck, your chance of drawing into at least one of them is a little over 33%. So long as all three vanilla BEWDs have to be run in the deck for optimal combos and plays within the archetype, I suspect the deck will still struggle with consistency and delivering maximum hand value.

Like the author, Apparition with Eyes of Blue seems like a real wild card to me. It’s not exactly apparent how to optimally use it but it seems to address a lot of the issues around bricking. Blue-Eyes Dragon Link has been and still remains the most competitive Blue-Eyes deck build partly because it’s able to integrate the 3x absolute brick BEWDs into the deck’s resource system in order to generate card advantage in-hand, on-field and in-GY. It’s an imperfect fit for Dragon Link, lacking the natural synergy and face-melting speed of the Rokket engine, but that’s the basic direction BEWD decks (and future support) need to go if Konami wants to make the ultimate creature of destruction competitive again—in short, turning the deck’s biggest disadvantage (3x absolute bricks) into an advantage.

Thus far, Konami has mainly focused on boosting the deck’s search potential—something BEWD does remarkably well. I have no idea what it looks like but some extra-deck mechanic to make BEWD live in-hand immediately or, more realistically, to make them immediately recyclable is how you’d actually fix the deck’s inherent weaknesses.

In the meantime, I actually think these five cards will go a long way towards boosting its competitive viability locally—maybe even allow a couple well-crafted rogue builds to sneak into a top-16 regionals or something. That True Light trap is hot garbage, though this article makes a good point that two of the new BEWD support cards are immune from its self-own, self-Raigeki effect. Who knows what the future holds for Blue-Eyes decks? Only time and practice will tell.
Burning Red-Eyes

The following is a small excerpt of deck/article.[…]

ABCVWXYZ Dragon Cannon

Witchcrafter

Despia/shaddoll

despia is so gorgeous