General discussion about Yu-Gi-Oh!
By Dani1ele
It is not a public information but I'm a teacher for elementary and high school in my country and I was planned a project to teach my students to play yugioh, as a way to improve math, interpretation , social skill , etc. So I was wonder what are decks good to teach how to play the game?
By Hyperion-OMRGA
I'd think it might be a good idea to start with the basics before going in depth with the mechanics. As such The first deck should have to be Monarchs as to introduce Normal/Tribute Summoning and spells and traps, as well as the Battle Phase.

Once that is done you can look to Early Arc-V decks (Specifically DT3) for a Crash course on most of the summoning mechanics.

* Shaddolls: Covers most of Fusion and its most important distinction (the need of a spell card)
* Yang Zing: focuses on Synchros and thus would establish the idea of Tuners and getting the right levels, as well as the distinction betwixt "When" and "if" for your interpretation angle.
* Stellarknights: Xyz Deck, same focus on keeping an eye on levels, but would also explain basic combos
* Nekroz: Focuses on Rituals and would brought out their nuances (including that the mechanic isn't exactly Extra Deck reliant).
* Ritual Beasts: Covers Contact Fusion, and with Shaddolls, would complete the Fusion course
* Qliphorts: An introduction to Pendulum Summoning and a refresh of the basics (given the tribute focus), also would be a basic introduction to Link Monsters given their necessity in pendulums now and they do have an in-theme link.

Lastly would be Links and for that it might be a good idea to get Marincess to explain the concept in more detail. And finally a Zefra deck that ties all the lessons together.

I would also try to make duel puzzles to solve as part of the course and to makes things less of a crash course. With the goal being to teach the mechanics without a crash course (For example, there would be one focusing on how to summon a specific type, as well as some that explain basic combos)

If you want to focus on Spells and Traps specifically than you can also try Altergeist and either Prophecy or Witchcrafter as well.
By Dani1ele
Hyperion-OMRGA wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:28 pm
I'd think it might be a good idea to start with the basics before going in depth with the mechanics. As such The first deck should have to be Monarchs as to introduce Normal/Tribute Summoning and spells and traps, as well as the Battle Phase.

Once that is done you can look to Early Arc-V decks (Specifically DT3) for a Crash course on most of the summoning mechanics.

* Shaddolls: Covers most of Fusion and its most important distinction (the need of a spell card)
* Yang Zing: focuses on Synchros and thus would establish the idea of Tuners and getting the right levels, as well as the distinction betwixt "When" and "if" for your interpretation angle.
* Stellarknights: Xyz Deck, same focus on keeping an eye on levels, but would also explain basic combos
* Nekroz: Focuses on Rituals and would brought out their nuances (including that the mechanic isn't exactly Extra Deck reliant).
* Ritual Beasts: Covers Contact Fusion, and with Shaddolls, would complete the Fusion course
* Qliphorts: An introduction to Pendulum Summoning and a refresh of the basics (given the tribute focus), also would be a basic introduction to Link Monsters given their necessity in pendulums now and they do have an in-theme link.

Lastly would be Links and for that it might be a good idea to get Marincess to explain the concept in more detail. And finally a Zefra deck that ties all the lessons together.

I would also try to make duel puzzles to solve as part of the course and to makes things less of a crash course. With the goal being to teach the mechanics without a crash course (For example, there would be one focusing on how to summon a specific type, as well as some that explain basic combos)

If you want to focus on Spells and Traps specifically than you can also try Altergeist and either Prophecy or Witchcrafter as well.
I just felt amazing for all that you wrote. It'll be a fantastic guide for my project later one, especially for puzzles invonving rules, mechanics , etc. Thank you so much Hyperion.
By cpt_chopper_45
I agree with hyperion only i have 1 conflicting idea.
for synchro you should use Super Heavy Samurai (i have a deck list for it too if needed) as it also introduces equip cards.
Glad Brigade

The following is a small excerpt of deck/article.[…]

Penguins

Wow, marvelous blog format! How lengthy have you e[…]

Gift Card MaX