Discuss Yu-Gi-Oh! decks here including deck building strategies.
  • User avatar
  • User avatar
  • User avatar
User avatar
By KingSmudge
#65567
I've tried it and found the Bufferlo to be more consistent in the Trap varient, can chain block it with Balelynx too
User avatar
By ManuMango
#65725
While the Bufferlo vs Lady Debug debate's going on since the beginning of time itself, Bufferlo is 100% better in a control oriented deck.

To run some numbers:
A 40-card deck, you draw 5 and open Bufferlo. That leaves 34 cards in deck when using Bufferlo (since Sanctuary is added first).
Gazelle gives you a piece of interaction, so let's count all pieces of interaction, them being handtraps, traps, Exceeds (r4nk toolbox) Gazelle and cards that add Gazelle. That makes 24 cards.
Take away the 1 Bufferlo that's already in hand and you have 15 (14+Sanctuary) other cards that don't give you interaction.
That means that on average the other 4 cards are either 2 pieces of interaction and 2 other cards (other Salamangreat monsters, extenders, etc.) or 3 pieces of interaction and 1 other card. Let's assume it's an even split. That means when activating Bufferlo you draw 2 cards out of 34 with 22 of them giving you interaction/disruption.

That's an 88.24% chance that ONE of them is interactive with a 41.18% chance that both are. Let's add Pot of Desires to the mix. Assuming you did not draw a piece of interaction but instead a Pot of Desires, you can then banish 10 to draw two additional cards. Out of those 32 remaining cards 22 cards are still interactiv, as you only drew Desires. That's roughly two third, so lets say 7 of the banished cards were interactiv. Leaving you with 15 out of 22 cards that get you what you want. That's another 90.91% chance for interaction (I'm not considering banishing Gazelle and having to remove Cynet and Circle from being interactiv, dont wanna do the math so let's just subtract 2% for an even 89%).

Meaning the average total of drawing into AT LEAST one piece of interaction of a bufferlo is: 88.24%(Chance of Interaction off of Bufferlo) + 11.76%(Chance of no Interaction off of Bufferlo)*17.11%(Chance of Desires)*89%(Chance of Interaction off of Desires)=90.03% chance for at least one piece of interaction off of Bufferlo
User avatar
By ManuMango
#65727
Now add to that that your opponent cannot negate bufferlo (unless he has called by the grave), is a fire and works under Gozen Match if you wanna go that route, can be recursed with Sunlight Wolf and still draws you another card besides that 90% chance for one piece of interaction with a chance of drawing into Desires for even more card advantage, he is definitly the right choice for a control style deck.
I don't wanna run the numbers again for a handtrap, combo oriented deck but if you replace the extra traps for handtraps it should be just as good. Idk maybe I just like Bufferlo over Debug but I feel like the numbers speak for themselves.

Also if you argue that DeBuG aDdS iNtErAcTiOn WiTh A 100 pErCeNt ChAnCe, then let me ask you this: how's the percentage of debug actually resolving? And let me remind you once again that Bufferlo adds two, possibly three cards to hand :)
User avatar
By KingSmudge
#65842
I was not expecting such a detailed analysis on a budget non-meta deck, but for a new player like myself I really appreciate it. Thank you for breaking it down for me
User avatar
By ManuMango
#65860
I mean the only budget card is Zeroboros for Accesscode and yeah I'm probably spending way too much brain power thinking about Salamangreat ^^ but can't help it, love the deck.

To add to what I said, when playing more handtraps drawing them during your turn is not as impactful going second as drawing traps is, therefore Lady Debug is more justified in a handtrap heavy deck than it is in a trap oriented deck (still advocate Bufferlo either way)
User avatar
By KingSmudge
#66641
I've actually made some changes now due to recent lists doing well at events and am running a 3-2 split of Bufferlo and Debug. Feels very consistent
BLS DINOTRON 2021 POST LIOV

It’s a nice idea but what advantage does i[…]

Control Penguin

Peng best deck let's goooooo

Paleozoic Frogs

Imagine the look on his face when you summon Sekka[…]

Pendulum RANK4 Spam

The following is a small excerpt of deck/article.[…]