Discuss Yu-Gi-Oh! decks here including deck building strategies.
Created me a new DM deck last night. DM strikes meta again. Undefeated yet again.

I might call this God Tier Dark Magician. Super OP af. (I accidentally switched Dragoon to defense, smfh). How you guys feel about this new meta ready DM deck? Drew my entire deck within 3-4 turns. Crazy.

Built an consistent DM deck that synergies with Dragoon, Magicians, MOC, and DMTDK. Brought them all out in one turn. Toyed with the opponent towards the end since I had an unbreakable board.

By SoulKing13
Um that board is nice but nothing too intimidating if im going to be honest with you...its 1 negate. The ritual isn't really that much of a threat since the combo decks don't really use too many spells. Lets take dinosaurs as an example, if they lead with lightning storm or dark ruler no more, that board is shut off and oviraptor is a 1 card combo that would bring UCT and send all your monsters to the GY (The Dark Magician's wouldnt trigger) and then has a bunch of options (they'd probably set up Laggia and a Simorgh Lock if they didnt just OTK you). You saw how infernobles work in the hands of a more experienced player, setting up multiple negates after breaking your board, Dragon Link can much of the same.

Also not sure how much you're searching and/or drawing in 1 turn and how critical it is to your strategy but Droll is back in the game and becoming a very common side deck card, so watch out. This is why I'm telling you bud you need hand traps for going second and higher impact traps for going first.
SoulKing13 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:20 am
Um that board is nice but nothing too intimidating if im going to be honest with you...its 1 negate. The ritual isn't really that much of a threat since the combo decks don't really use too many spells. Lets take dinosaurs as an example, if they lead with lightning storm or dark ruler no more, that board is shut off and oviraptor is a 1 card combo that would bring UCT and send all your monsters to the GY (The Dark Magician's wouldnt trigger) and then has a bunch of options (they'd probably set up Laggia and a Simorgh Lock if they didnt just OTK you). You saw how infernobles work in the hands of a more experienced player, setting up multiple negates after breaking your board, Dragon Link can much of the same.

Also not sure how much you're searching and/or drawing in 1 turn and how critical it is to your strategy but Droll is back in the game and becoming a very common side deck card, so watch out. This is why I'm telling you bud you need hand traps for going second and higher impact traps for going first.
Wrong. Disruptions from Dragoon, Navigation, & Combination would and can stop that from happening. This player had no cards left to use after I negated 3-4 cards in 1 turn.
Well, there's a little thing called Forbidden Droplets and Triple Tactics Talents to deal with Dragoon, that most people are playing, that are also more generic. You also have to note Dragon link could decide to go Borrelsword and Silverrokket/Magnarokket to deal with Dragoon on the field and before hand. Rouge decks have some gimmicky forms of removal that could kill this card and Kaijus could just make it go. You're also forgetting hand traps for navigation as I'm sure it's summoning needs to be able to go off, and even then these decks (especially Dragon Link in every form) are resilient to hand traps and interuption. Combination isn't that big of a deal as it could probably be removed by Cosmic or Twisters. Also they could just pop themselves (Tracer) before you get to negate another card, so that they get another monster anyway. Also there's chainblocking, which means unless it targets, like Imperm or Veiler, then you won't be able to negate the key choke point, though that doesn't exist with Dragon Link, besides Romulus, which unless you gamma it, it's not going to do much.
Would like to see a match with this deck going against Dragon Link, as so far, you haven't shown what this deck is capable of going up against most of the decks in this meta.I am NOT trying to say this deck is bad. Looks pretty solid, as far as I can see. I just think it could use some more testing against the meta.
Like he said, except his deck is OK, if it was for rouge. The fact that he boasts his DM deck to being the best deck that combats the format is actually pitiful, as the new cards won't automatically push it from rouge to tier 1. If they were good, they would've seen more play by now. But the only noteoworthy card of the archetype right now is Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon
Mokey Mokey Hokey Pokey

The following is a small excerpt of deck/article.[…]

Fight Of The Amazoness

Trinity Starter Deck: Dragon Ruler