Having issues with the site or with our deck builder? Post it here.
Is there anyone who can help me with this issue? I've tried both before and after using the Auto Updater.exe and none of the decks I put together or download (Volcanic Dinosaur and MADOLCHE DANGER for example) seem to have the Apprentice Witchling usable in any form. Does this have something to do with my specific download or is it just the game in general bugging out with the card?
YGOPRODeck wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:26 am
YGOPRO2 may not have updated their online servers for Apprentice Witchling (although I don't see anyone else having the issue).

Best place to ask is here: https://discord.gg/G27NcP
You might also want to try it in YGOPRO Percy to see if you get better results using the card.
Neither method worked. YGOPRO Percy even left out Firewall Dragon while YGOPRO 2 had it in there.
EDIT: Apparently, Relinquished Anima and Police Patrol of the Underworld also do not work. I suspect that some Link Monsters simply don't work with YGOPRO 2 as of right now.
Motteley wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:28 am
Neither method worked. YGOPRO Percy even left out Firewall Dragon while YGOPRO 2 had it in there.
EDIT: Apparently, Relinquished Anima and Police Patrol of the Underworld also do not work. I suspect that some Link Monsters simply don't work with YGOPRO 2 as of right now.
YGOPRO Percy does indeed have Firewall Dragon:

If you happen to be importing a deck (which contains firewall dragon) and ygopro percy is not showing it in the deck then 1 of 2 things is happening:

1. The deck you have is using an old beta ID for Firewall Dragon. You just need to re-add the card to the deck (which now uses the official ID).
2. Your version of YGOPRO Percy is extremely out of date.

You could possibly be downloading decks from our site that is using an old beta card ID. Some people build a deck and upload it here when a card is revealed (so it has a beta ID).

A few weeks/months later the official ID is announced and the game updates the card ID to the official ID. If the user does not update their uploaded deck, then it will still use the old beta id and simply not show up in the deck and the card just needs to be re-added.
Motteley wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:04 pm
Does this old beta card ID also apply to YGOPPRO 1 and 2?
Yes, Beta IDs are for all versions of YGOPRO. They usually follow the standard of YGOPRO Percy afaik but don't quote me on that.

Developers of YGOPRO assign a beta ID once the card is revealed, once the card is officially released then it's updated to the official card ID (the ID on the bottom left of cards).

So if a user made a deck with the beta ID and never updated it, then it'll show as missing in YGOPRO because the game no longer knows what ID it is anymore so you need to simply add the card back into the deck.

I try encourage users to update their decks as much as possible to keep the beta cards up to date.
Just to make sure I know what I'm doing, if I want to add Apprentice Witchling for example, I reupload the .ydk in deck builder, remove the card, and add it back in and re download the deck to YGOPRO 2; alternatively, I go to the deck that has it and make changes to it and then re download it. Or do I have to actually search up the card itself in YGOPRO 2?
Motteley wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:32 pm
Just to make sure I know what I'm doing, if I want to add Apprentice Witchling for example, I reupload the .ydk in deck builder, remove the card, and add it back in and re download the deck to YGOPRO 2; alternatively, I go to the deck that has it and make changes to it and then re download it. Or do I have to actually search up the card itself in YGOPRO 2?
The easiest way to do it is download the deck you've already been using. Drop it into the "deck" folder of YGOPRO/YGOPRO2 and in the game go to "Edit Deck". It will automatically strip out cards it doesn't know.

Then in the YGOPRO deck editor, simply search the card and right click on it to add it to the deck and it should be fine.

You can also do it in our online deck builder too : http://ygoprodeck.com/card-database/deck-prices/

But please note, we don't automatically strip out old cards in our online deck builder, so you'll have to right click on the card in our deck builder to remove it. Then search for the new one and add it into the deck.

Hopefully that makes sense!
I've actually tried that last part of editing the deck in YGOPRO 2 itself and it seems like the cards are just flat-out unavailable when I search for them (and I've already used the Auto Updater.exe at least twice). Dang. Thanks for helping me out though.

The following is a small excerpt of deck/article.[…]

Flip earth deck