Discuss Yu-Gi-Oh! decks here including deck building strategies.
By Kcoby3198
> Why Herald ban? I think that is bit extreme for a Drytron hit, why not baning Benten instead?

> I am a little concerned, bringing back Norden together with Emeral, while unhitting Zoodiac...

> I think Spellbook of Judgment can come to three copies, the deck sucks that hard.

> Also not looking foreward to Gem-Knight FTK -> draw droll or you dead
By BorgarTimeYGO
Kcoby3198 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:58 am
> Why Herald ban? I think that is bit extreme for a Drytron hit, why not baning Benten instead?

> I am a little concerned, bringing back Norden together with Emeral, while unhitting Zoodiac...

> I think Spellbook of Judgment can come to three copies, the deck sucks that hard.

Herald has only ever seen play in really degenerate combo decks, and it's just a card that I don't think should be legal

Instant fusion is at one, meaning norden is a sacky one of that won't do much, also just what do you think emeral is going to do

judgement to one is just a safety measure

Gem FTK isn't going to do shit, without brilliant fusion or block dragon the deck just isn't all that good.
By Kcoby3198
BorgarTimeYGO wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:35 pm
Herald has only ever seen play in really degenerate combo decks, and it's just a card that I don't think should be legal

Instant fusion is at one, meaning norden is a sacky one of that won't do much, also just what do you think emeral is going to do

Gem FTK isn't going to do shit, without brilliant fusion or block dragon the deck just isn't all that good.
> Herald is just such cool tool for ritual decks to search for their missing combo pieces and a connection between Dogmatika and ritual decks which I find pretty cool, but I see you point with Herald beeing part of those Halq Auroradon combos, etc..

> With Emeral and Norden, I believe there have been combos so that you could recycle a single Norden with Emeral over and over again, but yea with instant fusion at one it might be oke..

> In MBT's tournament from febr 2021 Gem-Knight FTK, without Block Dragon nor Brilliant fusion, took down full power Drytron, I don't fear the deck beeing top tier meta but I don't like ftk's and this one could be too consistent..
By BorgarTimeYGO
Kcoby3198 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:50 pm
BorgarTimeYGO wrote:

> Herald is just such cool tool for ritual decks to search for their missing combo pieces and a connection between Dogmatika and ritual decks which I find pretty cool, but I see you point with Herald beeing part of those Halq Auroradon combos, etc..

> With Emeral and Norden, I believe there have been combos so that you could recycle a single Norden with Emeral over and over again, but yea with instant fusion at one it might be oke..

> In MBT's tournament from febr 2021 Gem-Knight FTK, without Block Dragon nor Brilliant fusion, took down full power Drytron, I don't fear the deck beeing top tier meta but I don't like ftk's and this one could be too consistent..
look, I love herald for nekroz, but it doesn't change the fact that the card has been abused to hell and back for well over a year now, the card has had it's time.

Gem FTK relies on adamacipator for it's current power level, the RNG factor alone makes me think that it's fine probably.
By GioGio
BorgarTimeYGO wrote:
Kcoby3198 wrote:

none of those "degenerate combo decks" do well, competitively or casually. these table 500 level combos using herald die to a handtrap plus just arent good, and normal decks that actually need herald like magikey or other ritual decks are getting hurt for no reason. Herald has not been abused. it has just been used.
By BorgarTimeYGO
GioGio wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:03 pm
BorgarTimeYGO wrote:
Kcoby3198 wrote:

none of those "degenerate combo decks" do well, competitively or casually. these table 500 level combos using herald die to a handtrap plus just arent good, and normal decks that actually need herald like magikey or other ritual decks are getting hurt for no reason. Herald has not been abused. it has just been used.
synchro eldlich, dragon link, infernoble, and almost any deck that didn't have a normal summon abused herald through halq deskbot auroradon as a macro cosmos plus omni negate, ritual decks have abused the card since the times of perfection turbo to nekroz when that was tier zero. Also when has a card being needed for bad decks ever been a reason to not ban a card, by that logic firewall shouldn't have gotten banned because wind-ups needed a win con. This hit makes the most sense because it's the interaction between diviner and arc light that is the issue with drytron, banning arc light still gives fairy decks their armageddon knight, but stops drytron from easy searches into a rank 6 or a level 7 synchro.
Help building budget HERO

How much money are you willing to spend on a HERO […]

Cyber Dragon 2022 (Therions)

The following is a small excerpt of deck/article.[…]

Invoked Shaddoll Dogmatika

The following is a small excerpt of deck/article.[…]

Shinobird Baron and Baroness are pretty fun. Asi[…]