Discuss Yu-Gi-Oh! decks here including deck building strategies.
By Faith_SC
The following is a small excerpt of deck/article.  Read Full Article

The strongest and most competitive possible way to play Ancient Gears, with the help of Earth Machines! Grind out your opponent while you maintain card advantage – preparing for an OTK!

By Calzie2910
Quick question about one of the example turns. you summon gear gigant and then continue on to summon an extender like fortress or Kaina. then using gear and extender for anger knuckle.

how would Kaina get on the field if gear gigant is using up the extra monster zone?

I've just came back to yugioh after a while so may have missed something in the rulings about it.
By Talcille
Calzie2910 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:23 pm
Quick question about one of the example turns. you summon gear gigant and then continue on to summon an extender like fortress or Kaina. then using gear and extender for anger knuckle.

how would Kaina get on the field if gear gigant is using up the extra monster zone?

I've just came back to yugioh after a while so may have missed something in the rulings about it.
Since about a year and a half ago, you no longer have to summon Xyz/Fusion/Synchros to the EMZ or a linked zone and you can just summon them wherever
By Faith_SC
@Calzie in the case of Kaina, you activate hornet drones before you do anything else, since the EMZ and monster zones are free.

Then you proceed with the combo as normal!

As for the summon of monsters from the Extra Deck, as per Master Rule 5 they can be put XYZ, Fusions and Synchros can be put in any zone now! And Links still have to be summoned in the Link zone.
By Axcell63
Looks like I good deck! However, my only piece of critique is that you have 1 wyvern and 2 gearframes for ancient gears, and from what it looks like, you seem to have them in your deck only to add ancient gear fusion. My 2 cents is to take away the gearframes, and replace them with wyverns, just so it saves you from discarding. Also, sorry if I'm missing anything, but you don't have any golems for the two other ancient gear fusions apart from giant. Other than that, the deck looks good.
By Faith_SC
@Axcell63 hey! :D

Here are my reasons for my Ancient Gear ratios:

I tested having 3 wyvern in my deck, but I found them too normal summon reliant, and I would prefer to save the normal summon in this deck for Machina Gearframe which gets the entire gameplan started. The 1 Wyvern in my list is a semi-garnet to be summoned off GearTown, which in turn adds Ancient Gear Fusion from deck to hand.

The 2 gearframes are important because they're searchable off Box, so you can easily gather more material for any Chaos Giant/Megaton Golem. Also, this deck loves discarding since many of it's cards have use in the GY, so discarding with gearframe's effect just fine in this deck IMO.
By Naka
Useful piece of advice for the budget players:
The main and extra is about $100, the only reason on the deck search page it says over $600, is cause of the side
Gem-Knight Fossil

The following is a small excerpt of deck/article.[…]

Shaddoll

Long Live Lightsworn

I think you’re playing a bit too many tuners[…]