Discuss Yu-Gi-Oh! decks here including deck building strategies.
By NeoBabyDwagon
Yeap, thats rigth - (i already mentioned unless your opponent already controls monsters - in this case effect would apply ye)... what I meant its not exactly useful if you use the trap before they hit the field - because their effects wouldnt be negated... and ye it has the ability to disable spamming but you need to use it with the rigth timing and ... i think some decks can get past this trap. Anyways, nice deck, thanks for the upload.
By jobe04051993
NeoBabyDwagon wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:49 am
Yeap, thats rigth - (i already mentioned unless your opponent already controls monsters - in this case effect would apply ye)... what I meant its not exactly useful if you use the trap before they hit the field - because their effects wouldnt be negated... and ye it has the ability to disable spamming but you need to use it with the rigth timing and ... i think some decks can get past this trap. Anyways, nice deck, thanks for the upload.
Very true! Thanks!
By jobe04051993
This deck is confirmed tournament approved. 👍
By DarkMahad87
Not trying to bash or anything, but what is it about this build that you claim makes it so top tier? As much as I love the DM archetype, I also know that a pure build is something that can't compete with the Meta. DM just doesn't create the necessary presence to be formidable. It's too susceptible to interruption because it requires too much set up with too many combo pieces, so if you don't open with the right cards, you're not gonna get very far. And even if you do get all the right cards and your opponent doesn't stop any of your combo pieces, the end board is not that impressive. Sure, now we got Dark Dragoon available, but that's the biggest threat the deck can produce, and cards like forbidden droplet and dark ruler no more can take him down. I know you say you've beaten Meta decks with this, but I'm just having a hard time believing this. Again, not trying to tear down the deck. I just think that beyond being a fun, casual deck to take to locals, it doesn't really go much further. Peace.
By jobe04051993
Pure build can compete with meta. Reasons why: No hybrid bricks and no other mix of random nonsense cards (ex. Keeper Of Dragon Magic, Red Eyes, and etc). Hadnt lost in my run with this deck but this deck works very well. Locals or not, deck is pretty great due to the 2 turn setup. Dragoon is not the main goal of this deck, its Dragon Knight for a lot of reasons: To be unaffected by your opponents card effects and negate your opponents effects. You do not go for Dragoon until the next turn, you dont go for Dragoon first unless you need to in a bad situation. My streak posted is factual. Thanks for checking this out!
By DarkMahad87
I must humbly disagree with you there. I've played DM since the very first starter deck came out, and I also started playing it again back when it started to get better support in 2016 from the Dark Illusion, then later when Apprentice Illusion Magician and Dragon Knight came out the following year, and as much as I enjoy playing it, the deck does not hold up to the Meta if you're only running DM specific support. Let me address some of the issues I find:

- Adding "hybrid bricks" like you say, can actually hurt the deck. I'll agree with you there. Even some of the support created that you know is meant to work with DM can be more hurtful than helpful at times (like Dragon Keeper of Magic). But thinking that playing the DM specific cards like the ones listed here are gonna allow you to play brick-free is just not accurate. You have way too many cards that are needed to open up and make your ideal board (since the plan is to first make Dragon Knight, like you said), and a lot of the cards in your list don't help make that easier.

- 2 turns for a setup is way too slow. Most meta decks aim to either destroy you in one turn or set up board in 1 turn to keep you from playing. This has always been the biggest downside to DM.

- Dragon Knight is fine, but other than being unaffected by card effects (assuming you have eternal Soul face up), he's just a 3K beatstick that protects your backrow, and even that's lackluster. You have Circle and Soul, which at best provides a banish once per turn.

- The only other thing that impacts your opponent is Destined Rivals, which is just a finicky version of Dark Ruler No More. If you use it during your opponent's turn, it has to be precisely timed to have any sort of impact, but if you plan on using it during your turn to stun your opponent's board from responding, you still have to have set it in a previous turn, and hope that your opponent doesn't have anything to respond to it (they can still negate it with monster effects even if Dragon Knight is face up, since he only protects back row from targeting and destruction, not negation).

-Dragoon should be the go-to-first, just to have some presence on the field to disrupt the opponent while you do your 2 turn setup. Assuming you already have Soul and Circle face up, at least you'll have potential banish during your opponent's turn and 1 negation. And if you're worried about them blowing up your back row and destroying the soul, at least Dragoon will stay on field since he's immune to effect destruction.

Sorry for the lengthy response, but I didn't want to just say "you're wrong," without providing any actual context to what I'm saying. Again, not trying to offend or anything like that. Just trying to provide my insight and hope that it helps someone out who might actually read all this. Peace.
By jobe04051993
DarkMahad87 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:07 pm
I must humbly disagree with you there. I've played DM since the very first starter deck came out, and I also started playing it again back when it started to get better support in 2016 from the Dark Illusion, then later when Apprentice Illusion Magician and Dragon Knight came out the following year, and as much as I enjoy playing it, the deck does not hold up to the Meta if you're only running DM specific support. Let me address some of the issues I find:

- Adding "hybrid bricks" like you say, can actually hurt the deck. I'll agree with you there. Even some of the support created that you know is meant to work with DM can be more hurtful than helpful at times (like Dragon Keeper of Magic). But thinking that playing the DM specific cards like the ones listed here are gonna allow you to play brick-free is just not accurate. You have way too many cards that are needed to open up and make your ideal board (since the plan is to first make Dragon Knight, like you said), and a lot of the cards in your list don't help make that easier.

- 2 turns for a setup is way too slow. Most meta decks aim to either destroy you in one turn or set up board in 1 turn to keep you from playing. This has always been the biggest downside to DM.

- Dragon Knight is fine, but other than being unaffected by card effects (assuming you have eternal Soul face up), he's just a 3K beatstick that protects your backrow, and even that's lackluster. You have Circle and Soul, which at best provides a banish once per turn.

- The only other thing that impacts your opponent is Destined Rivals, which is just a finicky version of Dark Ruler No More. If you use it during your opponent's turn, it has to be precisely timed to have any sort of impact, but if you plan on using it during your turn to stun your opponent's board from responding, you still have to have set it in a previous turn, and hope that your opponent doesn't have anything to respond to it (they can still negate it with monster effects even if Dragon Knight is face up, since he only protects back row from targeting and destruction, not negation).

-Dragoon should be the go-to-first, just to have some presence on the field to disrupt the opponent while you do your 2 turn setup. Assuming you already have Soul and Circle face up, at least you'll have potential banish during your opponent's turn and 1 negation. And if you're worried about them blowing up your back row and destroying the soul, at least Dragoon will stay on field since he's immune to effect destruction.

Sorry for the lengthy response, but I didn't want to just say "you're wrong," without providing any actual context to what I'm saying. Again, not trying to offend or anything like that. Just trying to provide my insight and hope that it helps someone out who might actually read all this. Peace.
Kind of busy so Ima keep it short but all Ima say personally is that I never lost with this deck even with hand trap ready decks and negations. My record with this deck is actually still undefeated. So maybe it wont work for anybody else but it works for me. So there's that. Beat True King with this, beaten the Block Dragon with this deck. So maybe its luck or maybe its just horrible players, may never know. Anyways thanks!
By jobe04051993
DarkMahad87 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:07 pm

Alright im not busy so I got time. 2 Turn setup isnt slow. It's perfect. But I left out the fact you can revive DM with Dark Magic Veil to bring out Dragon Knight or Dragoon on the same turn, that would make it a 1 turn setup. I have 2 turn setups and sometimes 1 turn setups so its debatable. I'll leave that one up to yall.

And yes... NOT just hybrid cards but also DM hybrid decks. The worst kind of deck building. Players actually using Verte & RE Fusion... to bring out... Dragoon? A monster that can be stopped by Kaijus, Droplets, & etc??? Yeah man going through trouble for that is pretty much wack. So yeah hybrids always been the mentality of a victimized trash duelist trying to win desperately to still lose. Pure builds are always the best way to build a great consistent deck.

Dragon Knight is not fine, ITS GREAT. Untouchable board THEN Destined Rivals can BE USED SINCE DRAGON KNIGHT IS TREATED AS DM so negation to stop floodgates/monster effect activations. So yes, WITHOUT DRAGON KNIGHT, whos going to protect your back row (other than Expanded)? EXACTLY.

Why? Dragoon could still be stopped by Super Polymerization, Droplets and Kaijus!!! Wouldn't make sense then once its gone, your back row getting targeted by Cosmic or Galaxy or some monster effect then Eternal Soul destroying every monster you got on the field, wrong move. HOW you going to disrupt your opponent without DM with Circle on the field or even Dragon Knight? Or even spam DMTDK back from the GY to protect you after a Kaiju summoned? THATS WHY you do not go into Dragoon. Thats a stupid persons way of thinking. They're waiting for you to do that, you got to think ahead of the curve and do the opposite. If you realize they dont got a trap waiting for Dragoon then go ahead and summon him but its dumb to risk your back row then also risk Dragoon to Lava Golem or a Kaiju or even Super Polymerization/Venom Dragon. Thats why Dragon Knight is first to be summoned.

It's much more to it than just disrupting, its always protecting the board but also DM Circle can disrupt and so can Rivals too as long as DM IS KEPT protected. Thats the point of the setup. Negate and banish while having a protected back row so you make your next move. You can do a lot with this deck so it really depends on you but the combos are pretty good so... thanks!
By DarkMahad87
I thought this was a pretty rational debate, until for some reason, you felt it necessary to refer to other players as having the mentality of a victimized trash duelist just because they don't play pure builds. Or calling someone stupid for not agreeing with your strategy. I've expressed my opinions in this article about several things about your deck that I didn't agree with, but not once did I resort to trash talking you. In fact, I even told you that everything I said was not intended as malice, but merely to discuss the deck's strengths and weaknesses and maybe even share ideas on how to improve on it. Since you can't seem to respond in a civil way I'll leave this final reply to your response.

- 2 turn setup is not perfect at all. It's actually 1 turn too slow. I already mentioned this earlier, but meta decks are extremely consistent in getting their field set up in one turn to stop you from setting up yours in the next turn (if they're going first), or are capable of breaking your board even with disruption. I don't know how you can actually claim that a 2 turn set up isn't slow and that it can hold its own against the meta playing like this. Maybe this has worked for you, but if it did, I'm inclined to believe that either you played some very inexperienced players who didn't know how to play their decks, or you're exaggerating your victories. I honestly don't care at this point.
- Most decks that are Top tier aren't pure builds. Sometimes people will splash in an engine to suit their strategy, like sky strikers or trickstars. Even SPYRAL managed to see some play again when Magician's Souls came out, because the card had so much synergy with the deck, you would think that it was actually meant for SPYRALs rather than DM. So if anything, nobody is playing the victim for choosing to play hybrid builds. They're only playing to win.
-You keep hyping Dragon Knight, and the only thing going for it is that it is immune to card effects, and it protects back row. So what? This deck's back row is so lackluster, it doesn't matter if your opponent stops it or not. Reviving DM once per turn to banish a card is not enough interruption to make a significant impact to the opponent, so he's literally just a Dark Blue-Eyes immune to effects. That's not a solid win condition. And I've already said what I needed to say about Destined Rivals so not gonna bother repeating that.
- Why Dragoon? Because he can break boards and win games. The fact that he doesn't need back row set up to give any kind of protection already makes him better. Plus, he's not just a big 3K beatstick that just sits there. He's an omni-negate that gets stronger, and he can pop at least one monster and burn your opponent while still being able to attack afterward. Also, the fact that you're only argument against him is that he can be kaiju'd or negated or super poly'd while Dragon Knight is immune to all that is a bit hypocritical, if you ask me. You assume your opponent is more than capable of taking down Dragoon with ease, and think they have no out to Dragon Knight. Let's apply the same logic. What if they Kaiju your Dragon Knight? He's no longer on the field protecting your backrow, so they can now use cyclone or twin twisters to wipe out your Soul/Circle combo. Or even worse, they can respond to your activation of soul to bring him back, by activating Ghost Belle, DD Crow, or Called by the grave. These are cards that are more common nowadays thanks to Eldlich. So yeah, both fusions have their weaknesses, but clearly one is better than the other.

I know you're probably gonna respond and say something illogical to dispute everything I said, because who would have the audacity to say that your deck isn't the greatest deck of all time. Heck, you might even insult me and call me a trash duelist or something petty like that. But I won't take it personal, 'cause I stand by everything I said, and at the end of the day, you believe whatever you want to believe, even if you're the only one that does. Peace.

Ack, why do you gotta make a Mayakashi deck that's[…]

Pure pendulum Magicians 2020

The following is a small excerpt of deck/article.[…]

Invoked Doom Spread

I am just wondering but how does a 3v3 work

Fur Hire/Peluguel

The following is a small excerpt of deck/article.[…]