Articles are cross posted here from the main site.
Comments posted under these articles will also appear under them in the main site.
The following is a small excerpt of deck/article.  Read Full Article

To ban or unban, that is the question. Imperial Order, Mystic Mine, Maxx C – the list goes on. It seems you’re either a “hard yes” or “hard no” and there’s no in-between. Today I’m going to give you MY take after examining arguments from both sides.

Personally I think even putting mystic mine at 1 wouldn't even fix it's problem because of how easy it is to search it out, (Terraforming, set rotation, metaverse, to name a few). But I'm on the fence on whether or not it should be banned because it does take a little skill to use

On one hand I agree that Imperial order is a really easy shut down for almost no cost, however it is already limited to 1, and it is a continuous trap, meaning it can't be searched out by trap trick. As well as the fact that almost everyone runs some kind of extra deck, backrow removal which is really easy to go into, (Such as tornado dragon or knightmare phoenix) I think imperial order is okay to keep at one, the only deck I really see actively run it that does irk me are traptrix but then again, I like decks who are built around trap cards so that's my own personal opinion.

Maxx C can change the entire meta as a whole if it is unbanned, as we have seen with the OCG, it is quite possibly singularly, the most powerful card in the game, but personally I like having two game types that have a completely different meta that is entirely revolved around Maxx C's banned status, and it's unlimited status, so I say keep it unbanned for the OCG, but keep it banned for the TCG

I am conflicted on Colossus, the problem with it is that it is just too easy to bring out. I want to preface this by saying, if Instant Fusion ever gets banned, I think they can and should take colossus off of the banned list immediately, instant fusion to Kaminari Attack just made Colossus a really easy floodgate to go into. I think Colossus could be returned if they either gave it an errata to add a cost to the negate, (although the whole gimmick of thunder dragons is making costs into benefits so that might not work out to well) or they ban instant fusion or take away it's alternate summoning condition

And finally, I think Harp Horror should still be banned, the orcust engine (harp horror) would still be way too good with today's meta, and I would argue even better with Red Eyes dark dragoon now being in the game, both monsters involved in the dark dragoon turbo are both dark monsters, which means they work excellent with Harp as they are not restricted by the summoning restriction, and the last thing that Orcusts need is an easy Extra deck negate, Orcust Harp Horror was good when it was banned, and it is now even better. However, if they made an errata to Harp Horror, restricting the summoning to only DARK "Machine" monsters or "Orcust" monsters for the rest of the turn, I think it could even be put to unlimited.

Well that was my addition to the discussion, I hope you all enjoy, and I would love to hear everyone else's opinion
Hazy_Dayz wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:15 pm
Personally I think even putting mystic mine at 1 wouldn't even fix it's problem because of how easy it is to search it out, (Terraforming, set rotation, metaverse, to name a few). But I'm on the fence on whether or not it should be banned because it does take a little skill to use

On one hand I agree that Imperial order is a really easy shut down for almost no cost, however it is already limited to 1, and it is a continuous trap, meaning it can't be searched out by trap trick. As well as the fact that almost everyone runs some kind of extra deck, backrow removal which is really easy to go into, (Such as tornado dragon or knightmare phoenix) I think imperial order is okay to keep at one, the only deck I really see actively run it that does irk me are traptrix but then again, I like decks who are built around trap cards so that's my own personal opinion.

Maxx C can change the entire meta as a whole if it is unbanned, as we have seen with the OCG, it is quite possibly singularly, the most powerful card in the game, but personally I like having two game types that have a completely different meta that is entirely revolved around Maxx C's banned status, and it's unlimited status, so I say keep it unbanned for the OCG, but keep it banned for the TCG

I am conflicted on Colossus, the problem with it is that it is just too easy to bring out. I want to preface this by saying, if Instant Fusion ever gets banned, I think they can and should take colossus off of the banned list immediately, instant fusion to Kaminari Attack just made Colossus a really easy floodgate to go into. I think Colossus could be returned if they either gave it an errata to add a cost to the negate, (although the whole gimmick of thunder dragons is making costs into benefits so that might not work out to well) or they ban instant fusion or take away it's alternate summoning condition

And finally, I think Harp Horror should still be banned, the orcust engine (harp horror) would still be way too good with today's meta, and I would argue even better with Red Eyes dark dragoon now being in the game, both monsters involved in the dark dragoon turbo are both dark monsters, which means they work excellent with Harp as they are not restricted by the summoning restriction, and the last thing that Orcusts need is an easy Extra deck negate, Orcust Harp Horror was good when it was banned, and it is now even better. However, if they made an errata to Harp Horror, restricting the summoning to only DARK "Machine" monsters or "Orcust" monsters for the rest of the turn, I think it could even be put to unlimited.

Well that was my addition to the discussion, I hope you all enjoy, and I would love to hear everyone else's opinion
Don't forget Ready Fusion can also summon Kaminari Attack, and it's currently at 3
I think every card that takes away the player's ability to win should be banned. This game should provide skill that is more determinant to victory than power of cards, even more if they take away a whole mechanic to be used as is the case of Imperial Order and Mystic Mine.
I think there are sensible ways to make the game healthy without having to return the Maxx C to 3 because with a good banlist everything can be resolved.
Colossus is like Winda, it's not just because there are outs for the card that it's healthy, if the deck played in the pure version, it's ok because there's Dark Law in HERO (1000 times better than Shenshen) and it doesn't cause a problem, but how these decks are splashable in many different engines these Floodgates deserve to be banned.
Harp Horror is one of the most problematic cards in the banlist: monsters with special summon effect from the deck without restricting the archetype (becoming restricted in dark can't even be called restriction) because you can mix several engines that shouldn't be played in set to normally make ftk boards. In pure orcust it wouldn't be a problem but it will be splashable in several other engines for sure, if this will become a problem probably not but also probably in the future, remember that it's not just about bringing in cards from the banlist only because today Harp Horror will not be a problem at the 2019 level with knightmare mermaid in the game but new collections will be released and it could be a big problem again.
Exactly, I think Harp Horror's summoning restriction for the rest of the turn is way too general, Dark monsters are the most plentiful attribute of monsters in the game. It should be just restricted to Dark Machines or just Orcust monsters, splashable cards are just always going to be a problem if they're better outside of their pure archetype
LoBE Deck

The following is a small excerpt of deck/article.[…]

Cyberdarkness Arrives

I love how Cyber End Dragon looks like it's wear[…]

Fusion Parasite Toolbox