A section to seek help with a deck you are building.
By StarchitectEDK
Just recently got back into the game and was happily surprised to see after many years that BEWD is still relevant. However, after building several test decks with Blue Eyes, I've realized that it's not so Meta anymore, despite having won the world championship a couple of years ago. I'm constantly getting spanked on YGOPro and was wondering if anyone has adapted the Blue Eyes formula to counter and keep up with the incredibly fast-paced decks that rule the current Meta space (Altergeist, Prank-Kids, etc.) BEWD feels slow and clunky compared to these decks.

Let me know your thoughts!
By McShaneVsYGO
There was a goofy OTK deck with the new Alternative Ultimate Dragon card. I've also seen a lot of people throw Dangers into the mixx for a more rank8 spam style. Just makw sure you pick a style for the deck and go for it. Don't try to mesh the ritual stuff with the fusion focused variants.
By StarchitectEDK
Thanks very much! Yes, I'm leaning toward building the Ritual variant with (2) Chaos Max and (1) BE Chaos Dragon. We'll see how it pans out!
By Datacorn
Chaos MAX is very much the worst variant of blue-eyes. Also, decks are not nearly as fast as one might think, considering the top deck right now is especially grindy.
By supremekaiser
i think you should try out the fusion variant considering Neo BEUD and BE Twin Burst Dragon to be one of the most powerful members of the archetype having very useful effects.Maybe u could also through in galaxy eyes cipher dragon for his snatching effect.
By Zangetsu877
I made a BEWD deck just with the fusions at first and I've now converted it to have CHAOS and CHAOS MAX. I wouldn't say B-E is Meta, but it can be fun. The decks I've built are for fun and I don't do tournaments. I've noticed most META decks are simply "I win" decks.

The B-E deck I have has won against my friends Ancient Gear, Hero, and Red-Eyes decks, all of those decks he put in more money than I did into my B-E. I'm waiting on my other cards to test the CHAOS forms.

CHAOS and CHAOS MAX are good due to the fact they are unaffected by card effects, not to mention CHAOS does piercing and MAX does double piercing damage. Neo BEUD is good if he's the only monster on the field allowing you to send a B-E fusion card from your Extra Deck to grave yard for two extra attacks, but my personal favorite is Twin Burst. He can't be destroyed by battle, he can make up to two attacks on monsters and if you attack a monster and don't destroy it he banishes it after damage calculation.

I have them uploaded if you want a reference point, but build your deck to your play style.
Gearfried GOD PHOENIX

The following is a small excerpt of deck/article.[…]

Ten Thousand Dragon

Gokipole

Silent - test 1