General discussion about Yu-Gi-Oh!
Same decks. Over and over.
Soul Sword, Sky Striker, Tri-Brigade, Phoenix Enforcer, Phantom Knights, Despia.... ect.

Most players that use these 'copy' decks are mentally incapable of using their imagination to create their own decks.

If there was an event to curve around these meta-decks, what decks would make the cut?
InB4 Ojama chads
HitlerJr wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 8:39 am
Soul Sword, Sky Striker, Tri-Brigade, Phoenix Enforcer, Phantom Knights, Despia.... ect.

Most players that use these 'copy' decks are mentally incapable of using their imagination to create their own decks.

If there was an event to curve around these meta-decks, what decks would make the cut?
InB4 Ojama chads
That's not true I can win just fine if I bring my Ghostrick Angel of Mischief Ftk or my Splight Cyber-Stein Ftk with options to side in a regular Splight
I use Gizmek turbo, and I seem to be the only one. Yet it consistently beats almost all of the meta(I'm playing a version I haven't released on here yet btw because I'm still finishing the extra deck that has 4 open spaces). My friend has been playing and consistently wining with pend mag for years, even at times when they weren't popular, right now with monkeyboard back and beyond the pendulum released it's finally able to stand up in meta.
HitlerJr wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 8:39 am

InB4 Ojama chads
Dude, chill. Every game has an optimal metagame, and honestly we're in a pretty diverse format right now. If you want a real example of a format with no deckbuilding creativity, check out goat format; all the decks there run the same 30 or so staples with a few engine pieces to stand out from one another.
[/quote]

Dude, chill. Every game has an optimal metagame, and honestly we're in a pretty diverse format right now. If you want a real example of a format with no deckbuilding creativity, check out goat format; all the decks there run the same 30 or so staples with a few engine pieces to stand out from one another.
[/quote]

I'm plenty chill... its an observation, so no reason for you to be testy.
There's nothing stopping people from using the same decks that other people are using, but if people just do that just to win without any joy in creativity, then they're also taking out the joy of the game for other people.
Don't get me wrong, other decks can still win against the sad-sack meta decks and its a hell of a fun thing, but where is the fun in it to fight the same decks over an over?
you can most certainly win with decks that most lable as "casual", "non-meta" or "uncompetitive." On dueling book i've taken surprising Ws. Although it does depend on how good you are as a player, you won't beat swordsoul with a nonmeta deck if yr not that good
Soulburst200 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 4:32 pm
I use Gizmek turbo, and I seem to be the only one. Yet it consistently beats almost all of the meta(I'm playing a version I haven't released on here yet btw because I'm still finishing the extra deck that has 4 open spaces). My friend has been playing and consistently wining with pend mag for years, even at times when they weren't popular, right now with monkeyboard back and beyond the pendulum released it's finally able to stand up in meta.
the main reason things like that would win is the surprise factor, people aren't exactly boarding system down for gizmek turbo
Predaplant Rose

The following is a small excerpt of deck/article.[…]

$100 Elemental Hero Deck

Burning Eruption (Final Build)

Burning Eruption (Final Build)