General discussion about Yu-Gi-Oh!
By BorgarTimeYGO
I know I make a ton of crazy banlists where I unban half the cards, this is something a bit better.
Banned:
elpy
mine
Limited:
rescue cat
tenki
drytron nova
herald of the arc light
zeus
striker dragon
harp horror
Off the list:
called by the grave
raigeki
gold sarc
By Hyperion-OMRGA
>I know I make a ton of crazy banlists where I ban mystic mine

FIFY :P

Jests aside I think Mine is something of an issue, as while it does shut down combo decks, it also shuts down control decks that also relay on summoning multiple monsters such as Solfachords and Weather Painter. Plus y'know, being part of the burn decks.

I'd say Limiting it would be far healthier than the extremes of 3 or 0 here. At least until Konami can make an anti-combo card that doesn't have a lot of collateral damage.

As for the rest. I can't see much of it happening. Nova is too new and thus part of a cash cow, ditto Zeus and Striker Dragon. As for Called. Unbanning it now might imply that Konami would take a long time in importing Crossout Designator. I can see the Elpy, Arc, Tenki and Harp changes and Raigeki and Sarc's unbanning being possible though.
By orphansmasher
User Banned
Why in the name of fuck would you limit Rescue Cat? Hitting both Nova and Herald of the arc light is idiotic, Drytrons literally just got their support, you don't hit a deck as soon as it comes out. Striker hurts Rokkets. Raigeki can't come back to 3, it's way too sacky of a card.
By BorgarTimeYGO
orphansmasher wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:38 pm
Why in the name of fuck would you limit Rescue Cat? Hitting both Nova and Herald of the arc light is idiotic, Drytrons literally just got their support, you don't hit a deck as soon as it comes out. Striker hurts Rokkets. Raigeki can't come back to 3, it's way too sacky of a card.
rescue cat is actually a broken starter for tri and it hits the consistency of it. Drytron needs some kinda hit, I been playing the deck for a while now and can say that it is disgusting, I don't even think those hits are more than a slap on the wrist. Limiting striker hurts dragons as a whole and I'm sick of them. Raigeki fuckin sucks, we have cards like evenly at three, DRNM is at three, droplet is at three, if anything having it at one makes it even more sacky.
By BorgarTimeYGO
Hyperion-OMRGA wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:33 pm
>I know I make a ton of crazy banlists where I ban mystic mine

FIFY :P

Jests aside I think Mine is something of an issue, as while it does shut down combo decks, it also shuts down control decks that also relay on summoning multiple monsters such as Solfachords and Weather Painter. Plus y'know, being part of the burn decks.

I'd say Limiting it would be far healthier than the extremes of 3 or 0 here. At least until Konami can make an anti-combo card that doesn't have a lot of collateral damage.

As for the rest. I can't see much of it happening. Nova is too new and thus part of a cash cow, ditto Zeus and Striker Dragon. As for Called. Unbanning it now might imply that Konami would take a long time in importing Crossout Designator. I can see the Elpy, Arc, Tenki and Harp changes and Raigeki and Sarc's unbanning being possible though.
honestly limiting mine is like putting maxx "c" to one, those cards should either be at three or zero and I would rather have them at zero.
By amorphage
I got nothing against mine, But I got everything against the style it encourages.
By orphansmasher
User Banned
BorgarTimeYGO wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:06 pm
orphansmasher wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:38 pm
rescue cat is actually a broken starter for tri and it hits the consistency of it. Drytron needs some kinda hit, I been playing the deck for a while now and can say that it is disgusting, I don't even think those hits are more than a slap on the wrist. Limiting striker hurts dragons as a whole and I'm sick of them. Raigeki fuckin sucks, we have cards like evenly at three, DRNM is at three, droplet is at three, if anything having it at one makes it even more sacky.
Rescue cat doesn't even see play in Tri, and you already hit Tenki.
Drytron doesn't need a hit yet, and those hits arent a "slap ont he wrist". Tri-brigades are also disgusting yet you hit no archetype cards.
It hurts Rokket's which is the issue, and whren handling Dragons we need to see what we can hit without hurting other innocent arhcetypes.
It doesn't suck, it literally blows up an entire board. Pretty strong to this day, it's limited for a reason.
By Hyperion-OMRGA
BorgarTimeYGO wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:07 pm
honestly limiting mine is like putting maxx "c" to one, those cards should either be at three or zero and I would rather have them at zero.
I'd agree if Maxx C has a ROTA or 2. Mine has Terraforming and Metaverse (and Set rotation)
orphansmasher wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:25 pm
Drytron doesn't need a hit yet, and those hits arent a "slap ont he wrist". Tri-brigades are also disgusting yet you hit no archetype cards.
It hurts Rokket's which is the issue, and whren handling Dragons we need to see what we can hit without hurting other innocent arhcetypes.
It doesn't suck, it literally blows up an entire board. Pretty strong to this day, it's limited for a reason.
In fairness, when a lot of Rokket cards were involved in Dragon Link, it is rather inevitable they would be in the crossfire. Guardragons, and maybe cards like Seyfert would prolly be better hits if you're trying to keep Rokkets playable.

Its kind alike Banning Agent Earth, Double Iris, Tiger or O-Lion, yes it did rout out some meta combos, but it also left their intended decks worse as a result (For Iris I'm mainly referring to Z-ARC focused PenMag decks, not Meta PenMag decks)
By orphansmasher
User Banned
Hyperion-OMRGA wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:00 am
BorgarTimeYGO wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:07 pm
I'd agree if Maxx C has a ROTA or 2. Mine has Terraforming and Metaverse (and Set rotation)
orphansmasher wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:25 pm
In fairness, when a lot of Rokket cards were involved in Dragon Link, it is rather inevitable they would be in the crossfire. Guardragons, and maybe cards like Seyfert would prolly be better hits if you're trying to keep Rokkets playable.

Its kind alike Banning Agent Earth, Double Iris, Tiger or O-Lion, yes it did rout out some meta combos, but it also left their intended decks worse as a result (For Iris I'm mainly referring to Z-ARC focused PenMag decks, not Meta PenMag decks)
I know that, but i'm still trying to avoid it. You can hit things like Guardragons and, even some Dragunity cards, considering that Dragunity would still be good.
involked

The following is a small excerpt of deck/article.[…]

Virtual World

Drytron

Zoodiac Tri-Brigade