General discussion about Yu-Gi-Oh!
By Kojiemon
-- If all the decks have equal chances competitively, there can't be again a tier 0 deck
5Head konami japanese employee.

After hitting the bong enough times I came to some revealing conclusions.

In Every new season of yugioh a new card mechanic is introduced and I dare to say each time it gets more game changing. Some background to this would be Gladiator beast, it broke the game's paradigm of having to use Poly for accesing the fusion deck monsters, then It came synchros, xyzs, pendulums and finally Link monsters. Each format was ruled by some brilliant decks that exploited each mechanic to it's limits and it reflected everytime the Banlist was update (I really don't feel like giving examples, every duelist with at least 2 fingers can tell).

What I want to discuss is a comparison of previous formats with the current one, Links have something unique and that is they aren't too exclusive at all, every deck can play some of em and that is something that was missing in previous formats. I affirm that the pendulum era was the most elitist and niche epoch of Yugioh, pendulums were too archetype heavy therefore any kind meta play was dominated by Konami's golden childs (really high potential archetypes). Commenting on the previous idea, Xyz era wasn't any different with the sole exclusion of really innovative recipes that got to shine despite heavy archetype mindness in the era. I gotta say, synchro era was my favorite on it's inital realase b4 Konami jinxed it with it's entreprenuer experiment of realisng some of the most broken cards the game has saw; some still banned, got an errata or were realed with the current game enviroment.

My point is the following: Link era purpise wasn't a throwback to a slower game pace but to s̶e̶l̶l̶ please the card game community ( I mean you sucka, the one reading this), The big idea was to respond accordingly to the consumer. The yugioh community by no means is casual (casual if you go to a friend house for a couple of matches but that's it) My biggest evidence is Dragon rulers (not especulating how those electric bogaloo cards came to being) but Konami saw the real reason for it being the real and only Tier 0 -- If itsn't competitive enough, I wont play it-- mentallity, the emergency banlist is the last nail on the coffin and I rest my case. What I'm coming at is that the game now and only follows this demographic rule and that is that the game has been speed up to follow that kind high extacy high power feel that every player ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶ ̶m̶a̶d̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶e̶y̶ wants.

There won't be any kind of Tier 0 again unless those making the cards want that kind of thing to take effect (Osiris only knows why it would be but IDK) You a sucka if you don't make an original enough deck to get out of the box and evade the curve that everyone expects in the competitive scene.
Gouki Beatdown

The following is a small excerpt of deck/article.[…]

cyber

snakes YES, i also like the music waifus (becau[…]

Madolche May 2021