General discussion about Yu-Gi-Oh!
By Crwatkins50
So, I’ve been battling one of my friends who has a Nordic Aesir deck from the LEHD set(I have a True King Yang Zing Dino deck) and I can never find a way to counter his Odin, Father of the Aesir
By YGOPRODeck
I think the trick here is to try attempt to banish him instead of destroying him.

True King Agnimazud, the Vanisher is the key for you potentially.

"If this card is in your hand: You can destroy 2 other monsters in your hand and/or face-up on your field, including a FIRE monster, and if you do, Special Summon this card, and if you do that, you can banish 1 monster from your opponent's field or Graveyard, if both the destroyed monsters were FIRE."

Of course, another method is banishing "Nordic Ascendant" Tuner monsters from your opponents GY. This way he won't be able to revive Odin, Father of the Aesir if you destroy it. Called by the Grave could work out nicely for you by even banishing Odin from the GY which would then weaken another Odin that would attempt to summon.

And of course, you can always go down the line of simply negating the summon in the first place with cards like Solemn Warning/Solemn Strike.

Also, I'm pretty sure you can chain trap cards to his effect activation so something like Compulsory Evacuation Device would work.
By Crwatkins50
Yeah, we were doing a three way duel, and when he activated Odins effect, my friend targeted Odin with fiendish chain and he said that due to Odins effect fiendish chain doesn’t effect it and negate its effect, I didn’t agree because I thought that fiendish chain would counter the effects activation and negate its effect
By YGOPRODeck
Crwatkins50 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 1:19 pm
Yeah, we were doing a three way duel, and when he activated Odins effect, my friend targeted Odin with fiendish chain and he said that due to Odins effect fiendish chain doesn’t effect it and negate its effect, I didn’t agree because I thought that fiendish chain would counter the effects activation and negate its effect
Yeah, as far as I know, you are correct. Odin's activation effect is NOT a quick effect (since it doesn't state so) so Fiendish Chain should work on him.
Competitive Evil Eye 2019

The following is a small excerpt of deck/article.[…]

This Is My Deck

Cyberse Talker 4